The Best striker in Scotland and where will he play this season?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie fans should be disappointed. No loyalty these days. Hope you do not take him back in a year when he is released from Sevco.

I still wonder where Faddy will end up - although to be fair we released him as we could not afford him. But if he is getting paid nothing at the moment....

Killie fans should be disappointed. No loyalty these days. Hope you do not take him back in a year when he is released from Sevco.

He doesn't owe us anything. He stayed at Killie last summer when he could easily have left and gone elsewhere, and he scored the goals which kept us in the division.

Now he has the chance to earn easy money playing for the club he supports in a league which he should tear to shreds. Why wouldn't he do that?

He doesn't owe us anything. He stayed at Killie last summer when he could easily have left and gone elsewhere, and he scored the goals which kept us in the division.

Now he has the chance to earn easy money playing for the club he supports in a league which he should tear to shreds. Why wouldn't he do that?

Because he will be playing at a club which could be on the verge of going tits up. No guarantee he'll get paid. It's only 1 year anyway and I'd have thought he'd want 2-3?

He will be in a league below his ability level so Scotland chances will be as good as gone.

But he does support rangers/Sevco so its understandable.

His agent was only using the other clubs interest to get more money from Sevco. Money they don't have but the Sevco fans would be pissed if they thought any other Scottish side offered more cash so they had to pay up and protect the facade. Don't believe Boyd had any thoughts of being anywhere else.

Tell you what, if Boyd wasn't at Kilmarnock last year, I reckon the relegation battle would have played out a lot differently.

Basically Kilmarnock can't get a player even half as good to replace him. His ability to take advantage of split second chances was ridiculous, especially in a team which created so few. Two guys who can score eleven goals each is hard enough to find.

I think everyone in the Premiership other than Kilmarnock must be delighted at this news.

Pathetic from boyd...very disappointed

You do realise he pretty much single handedly kept you up last year - and kept AJ in a job (which I grant may not be in your best interest)?

Why is anything he has done pathetic?

Because he will be playing at a club which could be on the verge of going tits up. No guarantee he'll get paid. It's only 1 year anyway and I'd have thought he'd want 2-3?

He will be in a league below his ability level so Scotland chances will be as good as gone.

But he does support rangers/Sevco so its understandable.

His agent was only using the other clubs interest to get more money from Sevco. Money they don't have but the Sevco fans would be pissed if they thought any other Scottish side offered more cash so they had to pay up and protect the facade. Don't believe Boyd had any thoughts of being anywhere else.

This doesn't actually address any of the points I've made. He's a Rangers fan, so why would any Killie fan be disappointed at a lack of "loyalty". Why would Boyd owe us anything?

Over the last decade we've been blessed with lots of good goalscorers (Boyd, Naismith, Nish, Sammon, Heffernan) and we've always been able to replace them. Hopefully this continues into next season - we won't get someone scoring as many goals, but even 15 would be good. It might be that without Boyd there we have to actually think about our playing style and may move away from the long ball stuff which didn't actually really suit the rest of our players.

You do realise he pretty much single handedly kept you up last year - and kept AJ in a job (which I grant may not be in your best interest)?

Why is anything he has done pathetic?

Boyd asked Killie to show some ambition with signings and then he goes to the championship ? pathetic might not have been the correct word - hypocrite is probably nearer the mark. boyd was a fantastic player for us last season as AJ was totally clueless...i can see GL taking over by mid oct unless AJ changes his ways.

Boyd asked Killie to show some ambition with signings and then he goes to the championship ? pathetic might not have been the correct word - hypocrite is probably nearer the mark. boyd was a fantastic player for us last season as AJ was totally clueless...i can see GL taking over by mid oct unless AJ changes his ways.

He asked us to sign some players if we wanted to keep him. The only player we have signed is Jamie Hamill and we've hardly been linked with anyone either.

Archived