Confirmed Transfers 2014/2015

Smurph

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real Madrid are the biggest FFP dodgers, spent €86m this summer already and will probably only sell Di Maria if they get Falcao in.

FFP isn't only about net transfer spend. Their commercial revenues, gate revenue and prize money from last season have to be taken into account too. It's about not spending more than you earn.

FFP isn't only about net transfer spend. Their commercial revenues, gate revenue and prize money from last season have to be taken into account too. It's about not spending more than you earn.

Fair enough, didn't know much of the details. Though if all that is taken into account, teams like Real Madrid will always be able to spend an almost unlimited amount of money on players, pretty much the opposite of what FFP aims to do.

The whole aim of FFP is to stop clubs from living without their means and having to rely on oil money to function. Commercial deals at all of the big teams will mean - as long as they are well managed they will alweays be able to outspend the smaller teams. The aim of FFP is to stop teams 'doing a man city' and going from being almost bankrupt to spending £1bn with little revenue. Man Citys stadium deal is one of the most blatant bendings of a rule you will ever see in this regard. a company owned by their owners pays 10 times over the odds for a sponsorship deal to balance against their spending.

When you consider the commercial aspects of clubs like real madrid - 350,000 'James 10' shirts sold within a week of signing - they are never going to fall foul of FFP rules.

Sorry, it sounded like you just said £12 million for Shane Long....? :huh:

Crazy money again but he is pretty decent, not 12 mil decent though, and could maybe get 10 goals or something if played correctly. Didn't he only just move to Hull in January for no where near that kind of fee?

Sorry, it sounded like you just said £12 million for Shane Long....? :huh:

I know it must be hard to understand, but that's exactly what I did say.

Signed for Hull in January for £5 million, scores 4 goals in 15 games, and is sold on at a 140% profit. Someone at Hull is doing a great job.

The problem for Southampton in a situation like this is that everyone knows they have cash to burn so it's harder for them to get a good deal on players. The fact that they are shopping in the inflated domestic English market doesn't help mind you.

Ideally they should pad out there squad with some loanees and a couple of players from foreign leagues, pocket the cash and hope that everyone has forgotten about their wealth come next summer! ;)

Shane Long. £12m. Dear dear dear... :wacko:

Crazy money again but he is pretty decent, not 12 mil decent though, and could maybe get 10 goals or something if played correctly. Didn't he only just move to Hull in January for no where near that kind of fee?

Only ever scored more than 9 league goals once in his career (championship anaw). I think Shane Long is pish

Only ever scored more than 9 league goals once in his career (championship anaw). I think Shane Long is pish

He got 20 in 60 league starts at West Brom and 4 in 15 for Hull. Hardly exciting figures but providing he starts most games, he'll chip in.

Personally think he's decent. As I said earlier though, I don't think he's worth near the value of 12mil.

Archived