BBC or ITV

ITV or BBC  

232 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Lawrenson improved last night by calling one of the USA players, Beckerman I think, a tramp and when it was said he had been a wrestling champion at home, Lawrenson replied 'what, in that state?' I couldn't stop laughing, but what an awful thing for a commentator to say!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC has won it for me, not that it means they've been great

It says it all when i'd rather listen to Tim Vickery talk about south american football than listening to Hansen or Lawrenson in any capacity

ITV had their pick of pundits, just like the Beeb. The Beeb plumped for Henry and Seedorf. ITV plumped for Cannavaro who can barely speak English. Nuff said. Chiles just seals the deal.

Beeb for me. They have some absolute c***s signed up too (e.g. Shearer) but they still win.

ITV had their pick of pundits, just like the Beeb. The Beeb plumped for Henry and Seedorf. ITV plumped for Cannavaro who can barely speak English. Nuff said. Chiles just seals the deal.

Beeb for me. They have some absolute c***s signed up too (e.g. Shearer) but they still win.

O'Neil and WGS are the only plusses to the ITV output.

How likely are they to release the viewing figures for each channel for the World Cup Final.

As much as I prefer BBC, my reception for BBC isn't great so I may be in the minority watching ITV.

How likely are they to release the viewing figures for each channel for the World Cup Final.

As much as I prefer BBC, my reception for BBC isn't great so I may be in the minority watching ITV.

They're usually quick to release the viewing figures. BBC usually has 4/5 times the audience for this.

I'll be watching it on BBC, one of the big factors is the no adverts, unlike ITV it feel like they can hardly go 5 minutes without a break, even the break just before kick off annoys me

I'll be watching it on BBC, one of the big factors is the no adverts, unlike ITV it feel like they can hardly go 5 minutes without a break, even the break just before kick off annoys me

A break from the existence of Andy Townsend is a big selling point.

They're usually quick to release the viewing figures. BBC usually has 4/5 times the audience for this.

Yip, you're spot on Mr Naitch. I read earlier today that in 2010 over 18 million watched the final in the UK and the beeb drew 15 million of those.

World Cup Final viewing figures:

BBC - 16.7m

ITV - 3.8m

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/bbc-coverage-trounces-itv-in-world-cup-final-viewing-figures-9604484.html

15.1m v 3.3m in 2010.

Absolutely no surprise at all. Shearer is dull and Lineker at times smarmy, but they are instantly preferable to the utter tosser that is Adrian Chiles and the beyond pale nonsense espoused by Tyldsley and that p***k Townsend. Adrian Chiles can't get a sentence out without jumbling his words.

That the BBC's punditry takes a lot of stick yet still wipes the floor with ITV by such a margin says it all. ITV need to do so much better for me there, Clive.

I can't be bothered with the ads or Lawrenson. So I watched the match on ITV and turned to BBC during half time. Although I wish they would get a new toy. That thing where they circle to players and join them with a line is pointless.

We are used to the BBC lot from MOTD and know what to expect, even Lawrenson, but for the money that ITV must be paying for Chiles and associated pundits, the end product is appalling. Strachan and O' Neill apart, ITV coverage was a total cringe (wtf is Ian Wright on about with his "gaffer" pish? You would think Hoddle would be embarrassed and tell him to stop making both of them appear fannies)

Just makes you realise how decent Phil Neville and the Sky coverage generally is when compared to the BBC/ITV WC coverage.

martin oneill was miles ahead of the rest of his ITV crew with his punditry skills in the final , for example in the final he brought across some good points which were generally ignored because the utter buffoons around him coudnt be arsed debating or their brains couldnt register anything that was not a simple point. an example of this came from jolly chiles stating " should england invest in youth like the germans , we can win it soon " and the rest blandly agreeing yes and barking like guard dogs. Oneill then made a point that this german system has been in operation for years and it will take more than youth development to improve englands chances as they will need to look at the whole structure of the game similar to what the germans did and change certain attitudes. this did not even register and was quickly ignored with a shite question by chiles about some unfunny topic. fully expect to see oneill at bbc studios in france at euro 14.

Archived