Disappointing Live Acts

Ira Gaines

The ones you went to see and just didn't deliver.

Travis the first time I went to see them on the tour of The Invisible Band were poor. Katy Perry on her current tour was just absolutely shit.

Noah and the Whale were absolutely horrific at T in the Park last year.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Foals and Vampire Weekend are both boring as hell. Youth Lagoon can't sing. Same goes for Smith Westerns. Nine Inch Nails is just an old guy whining. I thought at least it would be interesting.

The ones you went to see and just didn't deliver.

Travis the first time I went to see them on the tour of The Invisible Band were poor. Katy Perry on her current tour was just absolutely shit.

Noah and the Whale were absolutely horrific at T in the Park last year.

I'e seen Travis twice and thought they were an excellent live band tbh, It was on the tour after that one though so may have improved ,

Aerosmith were pish when I saw them, perhaps just past their best, endless guitar solos.. :unsure:

Godspeed You Black Emporer.

So much hype after taking a long hiatus and I left the Barras feeling it was very meh. They were pretty sloppy also. All the hipsters around claiming it was life changing whereas I just felt cheated.

Snow Patrol are a band who at one time everyone on my Facebook was saying they would love to see but I got dragged to see them in 2009 and they were utter cow dung.

I have never been a fan but I was at least hoping they would be a decent live act but they are definitely not.

Marylin Manson has been utter pish the 2 times I saw him. Was only at a festival out of curiosity but both times it just seemed like he didn't want to be there.

Download? I went to see him in 2007 and 2009 there and he was piss poor both times.

ETA the only reason I went in 2009 was I wanted to see if he would be better than the 2007 performance, I was wrong...

Red Hot C Peppers at Hampden Park - boring! :angry:

Seeing them live shows how much studio production goes into their albums. I saw them sans John Frusciante and with the session guy they hired to replace him, which also probably didn't help.

Snow Patrol are a band who at one time everyone on my Facebook was saying they would love to see but I got dragged to see them in 2009 and they were utter cow dung.

I have never been a fan but I was at least hoping they would be a decent live act but they are definitely not.

I've seen Snow Patrol more times than I actually remember off the top of my head and they were outstanding every time. That said, I went when they were still playing smaller, more intimate gigs. And before they became chart-pleasingly dull. I don't think they made the move to larger venues particularly well and their material changed completely a while before you went in 2009.

The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Saw them at Glasgow Green about nine or ten years ago and they were gash. Went right off them since.

Archived