newmains

jinkie

I was in at the sports centre and glad I went down for a look. Decent first half of a game and didint think there was much in it between the teams until the Newmains player got sent off for handling the ball at the start of the second half, After that Carluke ran away with the game.

Goals 1 and 3 for Carluke were down to poor defending from corners, and for the second goal the Newmains defenders seemed to stop and wait for the ref to blow for offside while the Carluke player carried on and chipped the keeper.

I thought Newmains were unlucky not to get at least a couple of goals in the first half. A missed chance form about 2 yards out, a shot off the post and as you say poor decision making by the striker who was 1 on 1 with the keeper.

I like the look of the Newmains centre backs and goal keeper looked decent.Certainly an improved team from I last seen them play.

S.irvine is that more or less you got a settled squad now...the team that started?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrows Sectional Cup game v. Carluke has been moved to Wishaw Sports Centre.

The council have been doing much needed work to the pavilion at Victoria Park but are slightly behind schedule.

Due to be Home again this Saturday (vs Forth).

Are the works likely to be done by then?

Thanks in advance for posting on here if that one also has to be moved.

I was in at the sports centre and glad I went down for a look. Decent first half of a game and didint think there was much in it between the teams until the Newmains player got sent off for handling the ball at the start of the second half, After that Carluke ran away with the game.

Goals 1 and 3 for Carluke were down to poor defending from corners, and for the second goal the Newmains defenders seemed to stop and wait for the ref to blow for offside while the Carluke player carried on and chipped the keeper.

I thought Newmains were unlucky not to get at least a couple of goals in the first half. A missed chance form about 2 yards out, a shot off the post and as you say poor decision making by the striker who was 1 on 1 with the keeper.

I like the look of the Newmains centre backs and goal keeper looked decent.Certainly an improved team from I last seen them play.

S.irvine is that more or less you got a settled squad now...the team that started?

No. Still have Lafferty (working in USA think he's due back this week or next), hannaway, tamburini & Dec Duffy injured. Subs that came on in second half Reilly & McAteer's likely to play from the start more, lacking game time after missing most of friendlies due to work. Keiran Higgins the other sub on Saturday & ted mcArdle have done extremely well in the friendlies so a lot of options to change things around.

Due to be Home again this Saturday (vs Forth).

Are the works likely to be done by then?

Thanks in advance for posting on here if that one also has to be moved.

Will post as soon as hear anything, but the talk on Saturday was that the ground should be okay, it was just small things in the pavilion to be completed.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest happenings from Victoria park? Posts seem to have dried up a bit since the league cup section started

It'll be jinkie's call to post any info from the club in future Mr Kennedy.

Due to personal reasons I stepped aside from the coaching team on Monday, but was happy to join the committee with the intention to help with nets, linesman duties & the programmes on a Saturday, as chairman tommy Devine & billy McKie didn't want me to leave the club.

But after being a committee member for just one game at Shotts on Wednesday, it wasn't my cup of tea, n I left the club this morning to go back to EK FC amateurs.

So I won't be privy to any info to share/post for you Mr Kennedy.

All the best to you mr irvine I'm sure you will find folk to noise up on the amateur forum lol

Looking forward to a local derby tomorrow. 1st meeting since the infamous abandoned fixture at Beltane last season. I hope there is no bad blood and a good professional match is played out. With a Wishy win of course ;-)

All the best to you mr irvine I'm sure you will find folk to noise up on the amateur forum lol

Will still watch junior games when the opportunity is their Wishawloyal, so I can continue to contribute to this forum as a fan & keep in touch with my many, many, many junior friends!!!

Archived