Barry Ferguson

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope we go for good established for this level and not ex Rangers hasbeens. Really can't be fucked with that pish again.

Chris, I'm curious as to why you aren't keen on the club indulging in a bit of nepotism. Alongside Barry Ferguson's interest-inducing reputation, isn't it the case that the rather pretentious credential of having 'contacts' was explicit in the club's rationale for favouring his appointment? If it's exclusively the signing of reputable former Rangers players that you find objectionable there is only one reason I can imagine that you have for your view and that is that such signings would corroborate spurious and demeaning claims that Clyde are somehow complicit in a pensions-booster programme for aged former Rangers players.

If your opinion is that there is an obligation on the club to avoid being labelled as a Rangers affiliate then I think you are pandering to the pernicious idea that there are only two honest allegiances within Scottish football.

I recall that reputable former Rangers players have done us a turn in the past. Perhaps Gary McSwegan more so than any other. Jorg Albertz would be another example. Ahem, John Brown on the other hand...

Merit based signings as a policy, I think.

Excellent point Vasily. The apparent seethe and general 'he better not turn us into Sevco' chunder-inducing jobbies that have surfaced are, i hope, only borne out of that desire to not be regarded as you put it - a Rangers affiliate. On the other hand, the 'two honest allegiances' which exist are only ever allowed to 'thrive' when every other supporter splits hairs over appointing managers with a past. The Club have appointed Ferguson, for no doubt many reasons, one being contacts and his ability to atttract quality players. If his chosen route for acquiring those players is successful, and the club benefit, then i couldnt give a solitary shit. Frankly.

Chris, I'm curious as to why you aren't keen on the club indulging in a bit of nepotism. Alongside Barry Ferguson's interest-inducing reputation, isn't it the case that the rather pretentious credential of having 'contacts' was explicit in the club's rationale for favouring his appointment? If it's exclusively the signing of reputable former Rangers players that you find objectionable there is only one reason I can imagine that you have for your view and that is that such signings would corroborate spurious and demeaning claims that Clyde are somehow complicit in a pensions-booster programme for aged former Rangers players.

If your opinion is that there is an obligation on the club to avoid being labelled as a Rangers affiliate then I think you are pandering to the pernicious idea that there are only two honest allegiances within Scottish football.

I recall that reputable former Rangers players have done us a turn in the past. Perhaps Gary McSwegan more so than any other. Jorg Albertz would be another example. Ahem, John Brown on the other hand...

Merit based signings as a policy, I think.

I can't forget what happened with John Brown.

I take Barry Ferguson and his ambitions to have a successful managerial career at face value and I'll certainly support him. We have a good young team here and whilst adding a couple of experience players is never a bad thing, I would take issue if we were to become, as you call it; "a pensions-booster programme for aged former Rangers players".

I can't forget what happened with John Brown.

I take Barry Ferguson and his ambitions to have a successful managerial career at face value and I'll certainly support him. We have a good young team here and whilst adding a couple of experience players is never a bad thing, I would take issue if we were to become, as you call it; "a pensions-booster programme for aged former Rangers players".

youre just gutted the goalkeeper positions have been taken!

Please happen :lol:

yeah will take you mind off Queens Park plummeting at Mach 2 towards the lowland league and oblivion :)

You can always go to hampden to watch the athletics and concerts ,so there is always an upside :thumsup2

Really great coverage in the Record yesterday about BF and Clyde and how he thinks the team will do, what footballing philosophy he will bring, the players he rates, the positions he needs to strengthen, how much he will play, his thoughts on the other threats in the division, Charnley, the relegation playoffs etc.

oh, no... actually it was 500 words about why Rangers should sign Kris Boyd.

#OldFirmTabliodSideShow

Archived