Prediction League 2005-2006

We are pleased to announce the launch of this seasons Pie and Bovril prediction league which is now accepting registrations from the main menu link on the right hand side of the homepage.

This season will be a true test of your ability as we will run only one league for everyone, with five games available to predict which will be taken randomly from both Scotland and England each Saturday.

The scoring system is much the same as in previous years, although this time there is a monthly winner bonus points award and of course a bonus on our specially selected game each week.

The competition starts on August 6th and runs throughout the season. The prizes this year will be cash purchases from play.com as follows;

First prize - £50 play.com

Runner Up - £30 play.com

Third place - £20 play.com

If any organisations out there wish to help boost the prize pot by sponsoring the competition please get in touch via the contact us button on the homepage.

Click the link or here to get started and then click "New User" to get started. Look out for our special icons this year :-)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Weirdo

It's good to be back Pieman and I look forward to winning the premier league's prediction league again after a years absence!!!

Guest stop the war

Disappointed that you have changed the setup, Pie Man. I have no interest in SPL or English Fitba so will not be entering this time around.

We are pleased to announce the launch of this seasons Pie and Bovril prediction league

we will run only one league for everyone, with five games available to predict which will be taken randomly from both Scotland and England each Saturday.

597949[/snapback]

Disappointed that you have changed the setup, Pie Man. I have no interest in SPL or English Fitba so will not be entering this time around.

608365[/snapback]

One competition means better prizes, less administration and more people playing.

If you don't want to enter a free competition then that's your perrogative my man !

Guest Weirdo

Yes , you tell him Pieman!!!!

Stop the War , It's a free competition and your taking the Huff!!!!!!

Get a Grip man and let me kick your a---!!!!!!!

The scoring system is much the same as in previous years, although this time there is a monthly winner bonus points award and of course a bonus on our specially selected game each week.

597949[/snapback]

I'm new to the prediction league. How does the scoring work?

Guest stop the war
One competition means better prizes, less administration and more people playing.

If you don't want to enter a free competition then that's your perrogative my man !

608866[/snapback]

Just thought you'd like to know that not everybody likes the new setup. The English games in particular did it for me.

I notice there's 5 'divisions' in this game. Is there promotion and relegation then? Does each divisional winner get a prize?

614267[/snapback]

To save time on loading the prediction league we show only 50 users on each page, sorted by number of points.

Each page is called a division just for the sheer hell of it :D

If you're 51st then you're in division two.

If your 101st then you're in division three etc etc.

We have over 200 people playing so we have five pages of users currently :D

There will only be prizes awarded to those who finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

If you finish 1st in division 2 you are actually 51st overall. Make sense ?

:blink:

Guest 1rothesayton

DIV 1 WINNERS: DUNDEE :o

DIV 2 WINNERS: MORTON :P

DIV 3 WINNERS: STENNY :huh:

Div 2 runner up- PARTICK

DIV 3 RUNNER UP- ELGIN

1st MANAGERIAL CASUALTY- Rowan Alexander

SFL TOP SCORER: Derek "VIALLI" Lilley

DIV 2 HIGHEST AVERAGE ATTENDANCE: Morton :P

I know how the scoring works.

622661[/snapback]

I know too, now that I've worked it out from the scores people got from Saturday's games. Still got no idea how the goal difference works though.

Thanks anyway. <_<

Archived