Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest on big money flop Wilson from the Times,

Meanwhile, word has it that out-of- favour Linlithgow Rose midfielder Chris Wilson could be on his way to Petershill after agreement was reached on a transfer fee.

The availability of Junior Scotland international Wilson, who previously played for Clydebank, has also sparked signing interest from Kilbirnie Ladeside and Pollok among others.

But only Petershill have so far met the East Region outfit's asking price.

Meanwhile, word has it that out-of- favour Linlithgow Rose midfielder Chris Wilson could be on his way to Petershill after agreement was reached on a transfer fee.

The availability of Junior Scotland international Wilson, who previously played for Clydebank, has also sparked signing interest from Kilbirnie Ladeside and Pollok among others.

Thanks for that.

The boy hasn't had much game time so, to say he's a flop is a bit of an uneducated statement. Coupled with the fact that he wasn't a big money buy either.

I don't know the lad but it sounds like he's a decent player who has been kept off the park by more decent players.

I think in this circumstance, money (personal money at least) shouldn't come into it. The boy just needs to get back playing regularly.

There must be loads of players like that who can't get playing time. Must be murder!

I don't know the lad but it sounds like he's a decent player who has been kept off the park by more decent players.

I think in this circumstance, money (personal money at least) shouldn't come into it. The boy just needs to get back playing regularly.

There must be loads of players like that who can't get playing time. Must be murder!

Agreed bud. I don't think Wilson Junior's attitude could be questioned and you're right, he was being kept out by boys who were doing enough to keep their place in the team. Happens the world over though and you've just got to keep training hard and the opportunity will inevitably come along. It's just a pity he came along half way through a season where his new team mates were conspiring to have the manager emptied and then a new manager comes in with his own plans.

I'm sure he'll do ok wherever he ends up.

Uve signed a cracking player in wee franny kelly,scored 23 goals last season from the left wing for us,an he's tough as old boots too,kicked up n down the park regularly,dusts himself down an gets on with it again ! Sorry to see him go,but hope he's a success at the rose.

Jim - that's exactly the same problem that he had at Clydebank - he was dropped for a period after a poor run and lost his favoured left back berth to Andy Paterson - who proceeded to be outstanding for the rest of the season and won our POTY award. Chris also couldn't break into the midfield positions due to other guys being in better form than him. It was a shame for the guy - he didn't do too much wrong. From what you and others have said that sounds similar to what has happened to him at Linlithgow.

Jim - that's exactly the same problem that he had at Clydebank - he was dropped for a period after a poor run and lost his favoured left back berth to Andy Paterson - who proceeded to be outstanding for the rest of the season and won our POTY award. Chris also couldn't break into the midfield positions due to other guys being in better form than him. It was a shame for the guy - he didn't do too much wrong. From what you and others have said that sounds similar to what has happened to him at Linlithgow.

Correct - Chris Wilson never got the opportunity of a run to show what he may have offered given that opportunity. Richie McKillen at left back was immense most of last season.

I don't think it would be fair on the lad for any Rose Fan to judge him to harshly or make their minds up on his ability. History tells us many Rose players take time to settle into the team etc - and that requires games which Chris didn't get.

Good Luck to both him and Stevie Meechan wherever they may end up and I for one wish them well

Meechan and Wilson were simply unlucky that we managed for the most part to remain injury free last year in the positions they play. Indeed if Wilson had signed right at the start of the year after McKillen was injured against Deveronvale it might have been a different story. As it was when he signed McKillen was back in the team and went on to be my shout for player of the season. Meechan isn't a bad player either he is simply not as good as our first choices in mid-field. He does pitch in with goals and isn't as bad as some would have you believe.

Diack on the other hand....well I'm yet to be convinced.

Meechan and Wilson were simply unlucky that we managed for the most part to remain injury free last year in the positions they play. Indeed if Wilson had signed right at the start of the year after McKillen was injured against Deveronvale it might have been a different story. As it was when he signed McKillen was back in the team and went on to be my shout for player of the season. Meechan isn't a bad player either he is simply not as good as our first choices in mid-field. He does pitch in with goals and isn't as bad as some would have you believe.

Diack on the other hand....well I'm yet to be convinced.

just as well danny was convinced,who won the only cup this past season.

I realise he scored a goal mate, fantastic.

For me he just doesn't bring as much to the team as any of our other strikers. By playing him we are keeping one of these lads out the starting line-up. Would we have been in a better position had he not been playing? Who knows.

He seems slow, has a poor touch and always seems to be on his heels - in the final I thought that he had a poor game despite scoring the winner.

Probably right lithgie but I also agree with the dug. Diack has to show a hell of a lot more. To be honest he was rotten most of the time.

I may have heard wrong but i thought he was after a move back west. I'd be surprised if we started the season with TC, coco, smith, diack, kelbie & heard. Seems a few too many strikers if we are looking to keep the squad size in line with last season

Thanks for all the "sensible" posts regarding my brother guys as it goes just now he will be reporting to linlithgow when pre season starts.

The Camelon clown had the most sensible posts Wull.lol.

Hope everything goes ok for him whatever happens. My preference is to not see boys being punted after a short spell without having had a good hit at showing what they are capable of but junior will know whether he wants to stay and fight for it or if he thinks he will be better off at another team.

You got the boots polished and on standby though neebs?

The Camelon clown had the most sensible posts Wull.lol.

Hope everything goes ok for him whatever happens. My preference is to not see boys being punted after a short spell without having had a good hit at showing what they are capable of but junior will know whether he wants to stay and fight for it or if he thinks he will be better off at another team.

You got the boots polished and on standby though neebs?

they are always ready but I don't know if my legs are...lol

Archived