Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

I thought we were in control of the game until we lost Thom and Shirra, shape had to change due to shortage of players, as a result of the ludicrous end of season glut of fixtures.Their first goal scored when we were down to 10 men, ref ignoring sub. Sending off was laughable. Would take Philp for Christie, they can keep the rest.

Linlithgow's goal was scored when Cowan was off injured,as for the sending off,the ref saw no.10,assumed it was Coyne so obviously saw a dive ????????

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linlithgow's goal was scored when Cowan was off injured,as for the sending off,the ref saw no.10,assumed it was Coyne so obviously saw a dive

Says everything about his eyesight considering the height difference!

I thought it was a typical end of season meaningless game. To be fair nobody could complain if it ended 1-1. It was never a dive therefore not a booking or a sending off. I don't agree that the Rose controlled the game but they were always in it with a chance right til the death. The semi finals of the Fife & Lothians should be interesting.

He went down easily but it wasn't a dive. Poor decision.

agree no dive but another good BU fight back - solid defending ( Baillie and back 4 Murphy in control and Leiper winning every ball in the air ) - Sloan and Donnelly immense but motm to Nicky Walker

Does anyone need to see the video? It was obvious it even from the enclosure that it wasn't a blatant dive, but a case of going down far too easily and worthy of a yellow.

The red card surprised us as much as it did the Rose support :lol:

2nd yellow

Does anyone need to see the video? It was obvious it even from the enclosure that it wasn't a blatant dive, but a case of going down far too easily and worthy of a yellow.

You can't see the defender standing on Kelly's left foot from the video. It was a really poor decision.

C'mon worthy of a yellow my arse,he's done nothing wrong,he's been blatantly pushed whether it's powder puff or no,he's been pushed so why is he sent off,the ref's made a pure c..t of it.

Looked like a dive from where I was standing and although the ref was closer he had a worse angle than me. Having seen the video I agree it wasn't a dive but then again it wasn't a penalty either just robust defending from my MOTM Chris "Dougie" Donnelly.

Perhaps refs are finally getting wise to Lithgy's reputation for being divers.

You would only take Philp? Your central defenders wouldn't get a look-in ahead of Campbell, Leiper, Murphy or Hunter.

So that excuses a wrong decision, BU supporters blinkered view. Expect us to have brought in good central defenders, better than you will have left once Murphy goes back west. Not sure I would take any of the others, but only a personal view.

Thought it was between Leiper and Donnelly personally.

To me, Nicky looked like he was operating at 75% today to be honest. Gave 100% as always but thought he looked a little tired and lacking that burst over the first 10 yards. Dunno if it was just one of those games though, or the sheer amount of games this season taking their toll now.

For me just Donnelly. He is a great advert for Junior football, gives his all and never gives up. His tussle with Rhuarie proved who is better and IMO McLennan should have been sent off as his persistent fouling in the first half went unpunished and the tackle in the second should have resulted in a red as should Ovenstones tackle on Cowan which should have been a straight one.

One thing Danny must remain in charge he can only make it worse.

Their first goal scored when we were down to 10 men, ref ignoring sub. Sending off was laughable. Would take Philp for Christie, they can keep the rest.

Ref ignoring sub ? WTF !!! The game has to be stopped to make a substitution and it only stopped when the BU's scored. Sending off was a joke but it was the cherry on the cake for BU fans as your team has been conning refs for ages.

Cannot believe that Philp is the only player you would like to see at the Rose. If the Rose had any two of our 4 centrehalfs your team would be a lot better than they are. Also think Nicky Walker offers far more to a team and is more consistent than wee Roddy.

Was never a dive. Just better upper body strength from Donnelly in the shoulder tackle.

If a player dives that late on for a penalty they tend to stay on the ground looking at the referee hoping he gives the decision. But kelly doesn't even touch the ground before he's up chasing for the ball back. We will never know from the refs angle tho!

Hardly a blinkered view, I've already said on here the red card surprised us as much as the Rose. The ref made a c**t of it. Wasn't a dive. But wasn't a penalty either.

And aye, of course you'll bring in centre halfs better than what's left after Murphy goes back west! :lol:

I don't doubt you'll be looking to strengthen that position but the way you made your point - Are you five years old?! :lol:

Should have expected it to get sarcastic. You see divers in my team, I see ref intimidation in your team. You hate my team, I hate yours. Better being honest than sarcastic. Enjoy the rest of your season, hope we meet in F&L final.

Archived