Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

Alas at that level you can not miss as many chances as we did. Team were tremendous.

True and it says it all that our players are absolutely gutted just now. I set out looking for respectability and finished annoyed that we didn't take the chances but knowing that we played superbly.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

True and it says it all that our players are absolutely gutted just now. I set out looking for respectability and finished annoyed that we didn't take the chances but knowing that we played superbly.

good cup tie and Raith got a fright especially first half wi good few chances - Strickland's shot wide just before ht could have made difference - Rose were better side and McLennans runs worried them all day - BBC report of comfortable win was way off the mark

I was talking to a neutral friend of mine before the match and said that no matter how well be played the breaks would have to fall our way. I said we needed a soft penalty or an offside goal or shots to just sneak inside the post rather than outside. He smiled at me after the match and reminded me of those comments. In his opinion the Rose were the better side but we just didn't get those breaks.

Immensely proud of the way the Rose approached this game and the BBC stats show it's not just Rose-tinted specs that say we performed well. Just those breaks not falling our way.

If we play like that every week at our level we'd blow the opposition away.

Well played today guys, your manager played ours like a fish, his tactics were spot on corralling us into the first third and trying to pick us off.

The result is on the board, but on another day it could have gone your way, all the best for the rest of your season.

Did a keeper Mark Graham play for Rose a few years ago? How was he?

Aye. We didn't see as much of Mark as we'd have liked. He was an outstanding keeper but got a horrendous injury quite early on. Top lad too.

Check out Scotland on Sunday's match report.

Ryan Conroy’s hotly-disputed 68th-minute penalty

As Mark Stewart drove to the bye-line, full-back Gary Thom needlessly swiped the feet from him and referee John McKendrick pointed to the spot. “I didn’t touch him,” insisted Thom afterwards

The video shows otherwise.

Archived