Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

Good result against decent opposition who imo shaded the first half. Better second half performance from Rose but thought 5-1 flattered us. Have to say a few players must be absolutely brilliant at training to get picked, as they have not kicked a ball for us.

Roll on Round 3.

Absolutly astounded by this comment........wow !!!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Dalbeatite were the best team in the first 10 minutes. We scored on our first attack and I thought that Coyne was unplayable at times. The first half was pretty even. The second half was all one way traffic to be honest and I don't think 5 flattered us at all

HTG

Bring on the Rangers

This was a really good game.

First half I though Shirra and BB tended to occupy the same space and got in each others way.

Second half BB was moved out wide with allowed him and AS more room and both came on to excellent games.

Unfair to pick out individuals but young McKinven made an exceptional save in the first half injuring himself against the post in the process, O;Byrne was top defender and TC's link play with those around him was impressive.

Didn't think the score flattered us in any way.

This was a really good game.

First half I though Shirra and BB tended to occupy the same space and got in each others way.

Second half BB was moved out wide with allowed him and AS more room and both came on to excellent games.

Unfair to pick out individuals but young McKinven made an exceptional save in the first half injuring himself against the post in the process, O;Byrne was top defender and TC's link play with those around him was impressive.

Didn't think the score flattered us in any way.

I thought the midfield did well by playing close to each other. Several times they extricated themselves from tricky situations with quick short passes.

O'Byrne did have a commanding game but so did John. It's looking good. McKinven has also made himself number one between the posts, commanding in the area and brave and agile one-on-one.

I think 5-1 did flatter but at least we took the chances this time. It should have been the same score against Fraserburgh but we didn't take a number of chances that day.

MOTM was Coco for me, not just for the goals but for the linking play as well.

Cheers BB, we were superb, in the second half especially. Strange comment from Karl Berg all the same. Oh and DR V missed the last goal, due to leaving early and going to the club. Hence the reason he went home early10ish. Think we drank him under the table, if truth be told. Big Poosy :whistle

Scottish Cup Third Round

East Fife

v

Berwick Rangers

Forfar Athletic

v

Cowdenbeath

Edinburgh City

v

Brora Rangers

Stenhousemuir

v

Brechin City

Hurlford United

v

Stirling Albion

Arbroath or Montrose

v

Nairn County

Elgin City or Forres Mechanics

v

Boness United

Annan Athletic

v

Livingston

East Stirlingshire

v

Dunfermline Athletic

Linlithgow Rose

v

Raith Rovers

Dumbarton

v

Rangers

Queen's Park

v

Albion Rovers

Morton

v

Airdrieonians

Ayr United

v

Alloa Athletic

Spartans or East Kilbride

v

Clyde

Peterhead

v

Stranraer

I recognise a few names like Thom, Ovenstone and the McLennans from Linlithgow, but not many others. Hope we can bring along a decent crowd to this one given the one off nature and how it is relatively close. Easy train link from Edinburgh too.

Most of our squad has senior experience, it should be a good game

I recognise a few names like Thom, Ovenstone and the McLennans from Linlithgow, but not many others. Hope we can bring along a decent crowd to this one given the one off nature and how it is relatively close. Easy train link from Edinburgh too.

What kind of support will you bring for a cup tie like this ?

500 or so. Maybe slightly more if we continue to do well in the league.

I'd be hoping for a good few more than 500 given the relative proximity of the clubs and the fact that it's a different venue for you guys. 500 would be poor in view.

Archived