Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent game from two teams with very different styles.

Thought we took a wee while to settle, but once we got the ball down and started to play on the deck the better we got.

Kelbie should have put his one-on-one away, but took so long to get the ball onto his left foot the defence had regrouped and the chance gone. Batchelor although not taking his one-on-one at least made the goalie work.

Turned in our best performance of the season and kept a clean sheet against the best team we have played so far.

I'll be kind and say I thought the ref had rather an odd game.

Didn't think we deserved to win to be honest but thought it was a really good game for 0-0. We could still struggle next week as they are exceptionally physical without being dirty. Similar to Deveronvale. Hope Smith is back

Well Done Linlithgow Rose - Fans

A great letter in today's Gazette from the Chairman of Fraserburgh FC.

Thanking the supporters of Linlithgow Rose for their support - good behaviour and bringing colour to the game.

Well done guys and gals for bringing more praise to our club and showing people how REAL Supporters behave and support their team.

HTG

Will be a tough game again tomorrow.

Kelbie struggled last week and I can see Strickland starting and while I don't think Calum will start it will be good to have an impact sub like him. Think Shirra will have to settle for a place on the bench and I guess the defence will be the same unless Ovenstone is fit again.

I will go for a 3-2 home win.

Thought the boys were tremendous and fully deserved their win. A wee bit more composure and we could easily have got 5 or 6. In saying that, Fraserburgh had a few chances as well. Looking forward to Dalbeattie at home, they won 4-2 at Edinburgh University today.

Excellent performance from us today against a very physical and direct team. Their no 8 (?) booked within seconds of the ko for crude "challenge".

Dug deep after going a goal down and whether TC's effort was a cross or a shot only he will know, though I suspect he'll say he meant it.

Second half and their defender gets straight red within minutes of restart for denying a goal scoring opportunity.

Both goalies excelled and again I'll mention young McKinven who is turning out to be an excellent keeper.

TC's second was a superb header from BB's cross.

Even then we made and missed a good few chances, but with the minutes running down and Fraserburgh getting the ball forward our defence stood tall.

John Ovenstone played a real captain's role having not played for weeks.

I agree with the guys above in that it was a great performance today against a team that were no mugs. The game turned on two great saves by McKinven followed immediately by Coyne's winner. I wonder what Tommy will think of his day today - a lucky goal, a fantastic winner and a couple of point-blank misses. Just think of the winner, Tommy.

Edit - I see from the comments on the Rose Forum that Tommy's first was more skill than luck.

I watched from the stand for most of the game. I had a decent view of the first and I think it was meant - there was only Roddy in the box and he was dwarfed. We were the better side on the day and over both games I thought but we have missed some amount of good chances - as they did to be fair but not in nearly the same numbers. They are a good strong side and I'm pretty happy with that outcome because they'll be nobody's mugs in the Highland League. Really good group of boys with them too.

Enjoyed the game the day,really good result as they are no a bad team,some chances missed but Lithgae owe their keeper,3 1 on 1 saves after the red card were excellent,excellent header for the winner.Was it a justified red ? Was at other end of the park

An excellent and genuine performance from the Rose today. Played to narrow in midfield at times for my liking but just my opinion.

Andy Shirra not getting a game is a fantastic reflection on Nelson, Batchelor and Rhuiairi and how well they are playing together.

Well done boys - HTG

Archived