Linlithgow Rose 2014-15

Merrylees

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what I said and you slated me

Not so. Read everything you've said through all your posts and read what Specky said. You may have had similar in your head but it didn't transfer to your posts. The only element you commented on that had a positive bias was Bachelor and Shirra. Nothing about Thom or McGowan. Nothing about Tommy doing well despite being short of game time. Nothing about the link up play down the flanks between Tyrrell and Smith/McGowan and Coyne.

You acknowledged Shirra and Bachelor before getting stuck into Nelson as a passenger and spending more time analysing the goal lost rather than looking at the picture in the round which was that whatever the result had been, we were excellent last night. These guys play at this level for a reason. But at every level they make mistakes. Despite only making one clear error, that was your focus. Why? Because against better teams one mistake can cost you. That's a risk in every game. If neither side ever made a mistake we'd be watching a stalemate.

I know you are cautious. We've discussed this together before. I know we all see things differently. But I disagree that Nelson was a passenger. I disagree that we obviously missed a holding midfielder last night. Yes, they're nice to have and yes we should keep looking. But I think our squad looks pretty decent.

Not so. Read everything you've said through all your posts and read what Specky said. You may have had similar in your head but it didn't transfer to your posts. The only element you commented on that had a positive bias was Bachelor and Shirra. Nothing about Thom or McGowan. Nothing about Tommy doing well despite being short of game time. Nothing about the link up play down the flanks between Tyrrell and Smith/McGowan and Coyne.

You acknowledged Shirra and Bachelor before getting stuck into Nelson as a passenger and spending more time analysing the goal lost rather than looking at the picture in the round which was that whatever the result had been, we were excellent last night. These guys play at this level for a reason. But at every level they make mistakes. Despite only making one clear error, that was your focus. Why? Because against better teams one mistake can cost you. That's a risk in every game. If neither side ever made a mistake we'd be watching a stalemate.

I know you are cautious. We've discussed this together before. I know we all see things differently. But I disagree that Nelson was a passenger. I disagree that we obviously missed a holding midfielder last night. Yes, they're nice to have and yes we should keep looking. But I think our squad looks pretty decent.

If you read back I largely acknowledged your positive comments on the game.

Having these points already covered I added a few additional comments.

So I think my view was adding balance to your portrayal of a performance similar to a 1970s Brazil.

If you read back I largely acknowledged your positive comments on the game.

Having these points already covered I added a few additional comments.

So I think my view was adding balance to your portrayal of a performance similar to a 1970s Brazil.

You named a player as nothing more than a passenger

that was uncalled for and actually completly untrue

Thanks to video highlights we can now see that AH was totally wrong in where he laid the blame for the Sauchie goal.

Adam Nelson was in fact the only one of the midfield tracking back !!!!!!

hopefully he will be along to admit his mistake

Thanks to video highlights we can now see that AH was totally wrong in where he laid the blame for the Sauchie goal.

I'd agree with that cant see how any blame can sit with Nelson. A loose ball and then a decent finish

Actually proves me right - the video shows we had 3 central midfielders within yards of each other almost on the right hand side touchline trying to play in exactly the same spaces - Why?.

When sauchie switched the play Adam is miles out of position - I would imagine as a naturally left footed player his position in centre mid would be more left than right? This would allow him to naturally cover any threat from their attacks on our left

I would contest that as such he should never have been so far to our right. Yes he was the only midfielder tracking back but that was him only trying to get back to the area of the park he should have been covering in the first place? Tell who in your opinion should have picked up the Sauchie players run

With three central mids - I would contest one naturally plays centre one plays centre left and the other plays centre right. Or alternatively one sits deeper to allow the other two to go forward as Shirra and Batchelor did so effectively.

Adam is a valuable player but has to be more disciplined in his positioning and forget following the ball so he can be involved. He still has a role to play but for me is a deeper role which allows Batchelor and Shirra to get forward with cover behind.

Actually proves me right - the video shows we had 3 central midfielders within yards of each other almost on the right hand side touchline trying to play in exactly the same spaces - Why?.

When sauchie switched the play Adam is miles out of position - I would imagine as a naturally left footed player his position in centre mid would be more left than right? This would allow him to naturally cover any threat from their attacks on our left

I would contest that as such he should never have been so far to our right. Yes he was the only midfielder tracking back but that was him only trying to get back to the area of the park he should have been covering in the first place? Tell who in your opinion should have picked up the Sauchie players run

With three central mids - I would contest one naturally plays centre one plays centre left and the other plays centre right. Or alternatively one sits deeper to allow the other two to go forward as Shirra and Batchelor did so effectively.

Adam is a valuable player but has to be more disciplined in his positioning and forget following the ball so he can be involved. He still has a role to play but for me is a deeper role which allows Batchelor and Shirra to get forward with cover behind.

I think we can leave the tactical stuff to the manager and he was happy

its clear you are in a minority of one on the blame for the goal.

I think we can leave the tactical stuff to the manager and he was happy

its clear you are in a minority of one on the blame for the goal.

May well be but that's my view and I'm content with that.

But yet again you fail to answer the question posed what was your view on their goal? Or did you just choose to ignore they scored.

Archived