Who will be the next manager of Hibernian?

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe SM had his train ticket booked to Edinburgh to meet Petrie before Reid scored. He managed to get a full refund with Scotrail's 24 hour cancellation policy so not all was bad.

:lol:

Ian Murray - has a great Hibs pedigree, has done a fantastic job at Dumbarton, fits the new trend for younger managers, and has been cosying up to Rod Petrie recently.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Ian Murray.

But could someone explain why that would be a rational safe appointment...? Not in terms of "he's a young manager going places" or "he understands this club", "the fans will love him" or all this hope 'n emotion stuff. He's 33, been manager at a part-time club for 18 months, avoided relegation in Year 1 and finished mid-table in Year 2, and won the Stirlingshire Cup... yes, decent.

However, it's a huge leap from that to rebuiling Hibernian FC, signing a whole new squad drawn from all parts, and getting promoted ASAP. It might work-out fine, but anyone suggesting it's the obvious appointment or a safe one is having a laugh.

I'd be absolutely astounded if we got Stuart McCall.

I reckon it will be Ian Murray. I wouldn't be too unhappy with that but I'd have preferred someone who has experience of managing full time.

Archived