Rik Mayall dead...

Confidemus

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why Ade didn't take part?

He has stayed fairly quiet about it, a little mention on Twitter, an interview for a newspaper and a little talk at a gig of his, but overall he hasn't done a lot of talking about Rik since he died. I think he just finds it really hard to talk about and maybe thought it was a little too cheap/publicity-seeking?

The BBC love a repeat these days. They could do worse than repeat Bottom.

For some reason I was thinking of Bottom (the series, eh, c'mon) the other day and the one where they take over a corner shop came to mind. An older, well to do guy comes in to buy three bottles of champagne. Richie (Rik) asks why he needs three bottles. Man replies that it's his daughters birthday. Rik says something like "what a role model, it's your daughter's birthday, so you're going to drink three bottles of champagne". Also the one where Eddie (Ad Edmondson) is death and they shoot the boy from the fairground in the eye. Or the one with the gas man who goes 'bus surfing' after they kill him.

Wholesome family viewing. The BBC should embrace the attempted murders and dislike of gypsies. PC b*****ds!

The BBC love a repeat these days. They could do worse than repeat Bottom.

For some reason I was thinking of Bottom (the series, eh, c'mon) the other day and the one where they take over a corner shop came to mind. An older, well to do guy comes in to buy three bottles of champagne. Richie (Rik) asks why he needs three bottles. Man replies that it's his daughters birthday. Rik says something like "what a role model, it's your daughter's birthday, so you're going to drink three bottles of champagne". Also the one where Eddie (Ad Edmondson) is death and they shoot the boy from the fairground in the eye. Or the one with the gas man who goes 'bus surfing' after they kill him.

Wholesome family viewing. The BBC should embrace the attempted murders and dislike of gypsies. PC b*****ds!

The bus surfing ones where they phone the Chinese and try to pawn the body of to him

"It's no use, his Alsatian died last week he has enough meat for a month"

The bus surfing ones where they phone the Chinese and try to pawn the body of to him

"It's no use, his Alsatian died last week he has enough meat for a month"

It was Fatties Kebab Shop that he was trying to give the body to.

Richie - "Would you like a cup of tea" then goes to put kettle on the gas cooker.

Gasman - "I thought you said you don't use any gas"

Richie - "Ah! Yes! We drink it cold"

Then when they were scribbling in the now dead gasman's notebook. Do not investigate for another 100 years. Left in high spirits to indulge in my hobby of bus surfing.

• 1 year later...

Archived