Rik Mayall dead...

Confidemus

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It feels extra weird when someone dies whose face youve kinda freezed in your head as quite youthful and vibrant looking, like Rik Mayalls was. He was very child-like wasnt he. Always goofing about. Certainly not someone you ever thought; hes ready for dying. Knowhatimean?

Apparently a girl sent him a blank birthday card and asked him if he could sign it and forward it on to her dad for his 60th birthday.

This is what he sent.

image.jpg

Brilliant.

Do we actually know how he died yet?

Brilliant.

Do we actually know how he died yet?

Nothing confirmed as far as I'm aware but his wife said that he had a strong heart so didn't think it was that and thought it was probably a seizure.

"Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after........John?"

University Challenge is probably my favourite Young Ones episode.

"Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after........John?"

My kids favorite back in the day...I must've seen it a hundred times:lol:

"P.rick......Scumbag" :lol:

The look on Mayall's face when he finally realised why 'Bamber' was referring to him as p***k was one of his finest ever comedy moments.

I was genuinely sad to hear the news that he had died. It was strange because I normally don't care too much about any 'celebrity' passing away, I actually did stop and think a while. I don't know if it's because 56 is just so darn young to die suddenly, or if I just felt myself suddenly ageing in the moment when a man who made me laugh through my childhood and teens was now gone. It's a strange feeling.

I grew up watching the young ones and the university challenge episode is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Then there was bottom, and the numerous series's of blackadder etc etc.

I think it's because he has never been a 'celebrity' type. Just a genuinely funny bloke who worked very hard and was commited to his trade for all the right reasons.
That's how I'll remember him.

Archived