Rik Mayall dead...

Confidemus

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad News....see what I did there?

A lot of people slag off The Young Ones saying it hasn't aged well but it still makes me chuckle, and some of the Comic Strip stuff was hit-or-miss but Bad News/More Bad News, GLC, Strike and Fistful of Travellers Cheques were excellent

I was pretty shocked. Probably my all time comedy hero. Was only last night I put Lord Flashheart in my top five fictional characters.

An absolute genius. I now feel the need to write a letter to the lead singer of Echo and the Bunnymen to mark his passing.

Echo pretty much what has been said.

Gutted.

Always think of Rik Mayall when I see Stewie Griffin.

I think Seth MacFarlane must have invented him as a hybrid of John Lithgow and Rik.

RIP

I always thought that the script for bottom wasn't the best, but the way played it and portrayed those characters was incredible. Pretty gutted about this tbh. RIP.

I'm gutted about Rik Mayall's passing.

First memories of him was his sketches on "A Kick Up The Eighties" as Kevin Turvey.

Sad night tonight. :(:(

Top notch too...

Normally stay away from all the celeb death fawning but feel a bit gutted over this one. Great laugh in Bottom, Blackadder, Young Ones and New Statesman. Poor Riche Richard dying a virgin. Hope Eddie Hitler having a drink in the Lamb And Flag for him!

Quite a fucking shock and the same as everyone else, gutted by this.

Grew up loving his stuff on the tv; Bottom and The New Statesmen were brilliant as was Flashheart, who stole the scenes he was in in Blackadder, and god knows how many time i watched Drop Dead Fred as a kid. Went and saw Bottom live in Glasgow as well.

Bollocks. :(

Bad News....see what I did there?

I saw Bad News at Donnington back in 1986.

As much as I liked Rik etc. I didn't really have much time for yon 'band' ... although I do still occasionally find myself chanting "Burning, looting raping and a shooting" as I go about my daily business :unsure:

Archived