Pre-season Friendlies

Stirling Uni v Linlithgow not sure as to which pitch they will use, pitch 1 is the main grass pitch but they tend to use the rubber crumb surface for friendlies, either are easily found from the Sports centre at the Gannochy. Sometimes they use the grass pitches up the hill at Airthrey which is also in the grounds of the University.

I would suggest phoning the bookings reception to get confirmation, the number is 01786 466900

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Linlithgow are (were) likely to bring a fairly sizeable support. I am sure a few neutrals would also have been interested in seeing two of the best non-league clubs from the juniors and seniors up against each other. The lack of information regarding the venue is ludicrous.

Ekfc 1 vs 5 Celtic Under 20's

Celtic had a pretty strong side out with the likes of Marcus Fraser, Paul George, Jackson Irvine and Bahrudin Atajic the main players I recognised.

Ek showed they will compete this year but I still think there a long way off any sort of challenge for the title. Although the manager hasn't signed up a lot of the players on show and I believe he still has a lot of players he wants to have a look at.

If Cicero is correct in his view that Linlithgow will bring support to a friendly I hope the University use pitch 1 as getting any sort of crowd around the rubber crumb surface is not very good for actually watching the game, everyone is crowded down the one side same side as the dugouts making it difficult to see along that side.

If Cicero is correct in his view that Linlithgow will bring support to a friendly I hope the University use pitch 1 as getting any sort of crowd around the rubber crumb surface is not very good for actually watching the game, everyone is crowded down the one side same side as the dugouts making it difficult to see along that side.

We had about 100 - maybe more at Largs on Saturday. I'm checking whether we're running a supporters bus to this game but I'd expect somewhere between 80 - 100 minimum given that the game is much closer geographically albeit midweek may put a few off who won't finish work in time. My understanding is that the game is on the astro pitch so that sounds like it won't make for good viewing by the time you add in the balance of the squad who may or may not be stripped and our club officials who will probably number in the region of 15 without counting the rest. That apart, I'm sure the boys would much rather get a game on grass having played on a (very good) artificial surface at the weekend.

from stirling uni website...........Wednesday 23rd July

Stirling University v Linlithgow Rose (Stilring) take it that will be forthbank then,as the uni is not in stirling ?

this is definitely on the astro at the university campus which sounds like it will be a bag of shite to watch a game at. Or is it better than the impression I've had so far? I hate watching football played at sports centres which were never really built to accommodate any level of spectator attendance.

:bairn that's it... I'm off to support the Spartans!

Eddy was only pulling your leg Tam & like little baby jesus, if he came knocking on our door too, I'm afraid we are full at the moment, leave your name & address with the receptionist & she (or he) will be in touch as soon as there's a vacancy.

Grimbo

EK 2-2 Spartans EOS. Only saw first half, decent game , both teams played passing game. Well worked first goal for EK. Equaliser well taken but down to mistake at back. Excellent volley to put Spartans 2-1.up, great individual goal to make half time 2-2. Seems EK had lions share second half , hit post twice and should have won.. EK squad coming on, but still a few short of what will be needed. Manager Billy Ogilvie working hard to recruit , especially up front. 3 more games lined up before.visit to Gretna on 2 August.

Eddy was only pulling your leg Tam & like little baby jesus, if he came knocking on our door too, I'm afraid we are full at the moment, leave your name & address with the receptionist & she (or he) will be in touch as soon as there's a vacancy. Grimbo

Is that players or fans :P

Archived