The North Region Thread 2014-2015

footiefanboy

Was £5 for East End. Was a decent game. Thought City played better football with the number 2 and number 11 being stand outs however East End were more clinical in front of goal.

Any sign of a programme? East End and City swapped leagues last season with City coming up and End going down. Sounds as if there wasn't much between them in terms of quality.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any sign of a programme? East End and City swapped leagues last season with City coming up and End going down. Sounds as if there wasn't much between them in terms of quality.

No programme here. City were better in the first half some nice movement, passing and the City players were quicker to the ball and winning tackles, but no breaks in front of goal, very unlucky. East End came more into the game in the 2nd half making it a more even contest. All 3 goals were in the second half with East End scoring late on to win the game and go through to the Grill Cup Quarter Finals against Maud.

Its pretty much a young City side these days and we had a new goalie who started his first game today and did well with some good saves. City have 10 players out this early in the season most with injuries and most of these are our most experienced.

Could hear the other game going on over the other side of the hedge at the Sports Village, sounded like a good crowd there. Could here the cheers when BoDT scored their two goals in the first half.

No programme here. City were better in the first half some nice movement, passing and the City players were quicker to the ball and winning tackles, but no breaks in front of goal, very unlucky. East End came more into the game in the 2nd half making it a more even contest. All 3 goals were in the second half with East End scoring late on to win the game and go through to the Grill Cup Quarter Finals against Maud.

Its pretty much a young City side these days and we had a new goalie who started his first game today and did well with some good saves. City have 10 players out this early in the season most with injuries and most of these are our most experienced.

Could hear the other game going on over the other side of the hedge at the Sports Village, sounded like a good crowd there. Could here the cheers when BoDT scored their two goals in the first half.

Could see stand from where I was standing. Looked about 40ish there which is not bad for North Juniors I suspose.

I took in the Stoneywood v Newmacher game yesterday! Cracking little set up at Stoneywood and a nice pie into the bargain! Stoneywood controlled large parts of the game and never really looked like losing the game! Newmacher battled away well but once the first goal went in then it was game over! The wind didn't really help matters but both teams, for the most part, did try and play the ball on the deck which was good to see! Wasn't the best game to watch but I thoroughly enjoyed my first north region game and well worth the fiver! All the best to both teams for the season ahead! On second note well done to the officials good to see them talking to the players and trying to let the game flow!

NRJFA Results

Tuesday 19th August 2014

Grill League Cup Section Four
Dyce Juniors 0-2 FC Stoneywood

GA Engineering Inter Regional Cup
Whitehills 0-6 Islavale

PMAC Group Superleague
Culter 6-1 Banchory St Ternan
Deveronside 0-4 Maud
Ellon United 2-3 Cruden Bay
Hermes 5-0 Stonehaven

PMAC Group First Division East
Colony Park 5-2 Newmachar United
Fraserburgh United 0-2 Buchanhaven Hearts
Lewis United 1-1 Bridge of Don Thistle
Parkvale 4-0 Glentanar
Sunnybank 3-1 East End

PMAC Group First Division West
Burghead Thistle 3-1 Portgordon Victoria
Dufftown 3-1 Buckie Rovers
Grantown 3-2 Spey Valley
Nairn St Ninian 1-2 Forres Thistle

FC Stoneywood through to QF of the Grill Cup to play Hermes (a).

Both Grantown and Spey Valley have been expelled from the GA Cup after failing to submit their annual return and fee when they failed to appear at the North Tayside AGM in Stonehaven. The clubs that came to the meeting voted to expel them from the competition.

Both Hermes and Stonehaven who were drawn against Grantown and Spey Valley respectively, have been given byes into the next round.

I was reading about this decision on another forum.

It would be stretching credulity, I imagine, to suppose that it was just coincidence that both of them happen to be the new clubs joining for this season. Were they not told that they had to join a seperate association, and pay a token affiliation fee, in order to be able to play in this cup? Was it really necessary to expel them from the cup? It seems exceptionally harsh.

Does there need to be a "North & Tayside FA" at all?

The North/Tayside Association came into existence in 1988 (when there were still 6 Junior Regions - Ayrshire, Central, East, Fife, North and Tayside) with the main aim of running a knock-out tournament between clubs from the Tayside and North Regions, initially named the Zamoyski Trophy.

So the Associaton has been in existence for 26 years.

The clubs who participate appear keen to compete in a well organised and well run tournament with the generous sponsorship of GA Engineering and a good level of prize money.

Almost every organisation has an affiliation fee which covers admin etc ( leaving the bulk of the sponsorship cash to be disbursed as prize money.) The two clubs in question were not members of the association and therefore were ineligible to enter the tournament..

Not all the clubs in the North and Tayside Regions choose to join this association e.g. Aberdeen University.

I am pretty sure all the above procedures would be standard for all Junior associations

All clubs who were members last year together with all new clubs were emailed by the Association secretary to remind them to attend the AGM, pay the affiliation fee and file an annual return which the vast majority were able to do.

Hope this answers some of the questions in your post.

Yes thanks. I do still think it seems remarkably harsh to expel them from the draw. Was it a just a massive coincidence they were the 2 not present, or had something gone amiss with them being new? They didn't realise?

I presume they were expected to be entering as otherwise they wouldn't have been in the draw, which (if I'm reading things correctly) now sees Stonehaven enter directly into R2, while 4 other clubs have to play a Preliminary Round just to make R1.

It is decidely odd, you'd have to admit.

Aberdeen University, the third new club admitted along with Grantown and Spey Valley, chose not to enter the GA Cup, so that would probably confirm that the new clubs knew the situation.

However, the fact that Grantown and Spey Valley were included in the draw which was published along with the early season fixtures before the North/Tayside AGM would indicate that they meant to participate.

Why they did not appear at the AGM is the mystery. Perhaps someone from one or other of the clubs could enlighten us.

After the Legia Warsaw farce nothing about the running of football competitions is a surprise these days!

NRJFA FIXTURES
Saturday 23rd August 2014

Grill League Cup

Section One
Grantown FC vs Ellon United
Hall Russell United vs Sunnybank

Section Two
Buchanhaven Hearts vs Spey Valley
Nairn St Ninian vs Portgordon Victoria

Section Three
Longside vs Islavale
Stonehaven vs Burghead Thistle

Section Four
Banchory St Ternan vs Dufftown

Dominos Pizza North Regional Cup – First Round

Cruden Bay vs Lossiemouth United

GA Engineering Inter Regional Cup – Preliminary Round

Buckie Rovers vs Fraserburgh United

PMAC Group Superleague
FC Stoneywood vs Culter
Hermes vs New Elgin
Inverness City vs Banks o' Dee
Maud vs Dyce Juniors

Aberdeen University vs Parkvale
Colony Park vs Bridge of Don Thistle
East End vs Newmachar United
Glentanar vs Lewis United

Whitehills vs Forres Thistle

Yes thanks. I do still think it seems remarkably harsh to expel them from the draw. Was it a just a massive coincidence they were the 2 not present, or had something gone amiss with them being new? They didn't realise?

I presume they were expected to be entering as otherwise they wouldn't have been in the draw, which (if I'm reading things correctly) now sees Stonehaven enter directly into R2, while 4 other clubs have to play a Preliminary Round just to make R1.

It is decidely odd, you'd have to admit.

HibeeJibee pm me

Honesty think Aberdeen University would have a great chance against highland league opposition. Squad looks gelled, new young manager working well.

Can't wait for the season ahead! Uni

What's happening when them at the moment??

for the win!

NRJFA Results
Saturday 23rd August 2014

Grill League Cup

Section One
Grantown FC 0-3 Ellon United
Hall Russell United 3-0 Sunnybank

Section Two
Buchanhaven Hearts 3-0 Spey Valley
Nairn St Ninian 1-2 Portgordon Victoria

Section Three
Longside 2-2 Islavale
Stonehaven 3-3 Burghead Thistle

Section Four
Banchory St Ternan 4-2 Dufftown

Dominos Pizza North Regional Cup – First Round

Cruden Bay 3-2 Lossiemouth United

GA Engineering Inter Regional Cup – Preliminary Round

Buckie Rovers 2-2 Fraserburgh United
(2-4 on Penalties)

PMAC Group Superleague
FC Stoneywood 3-1 Culter
Hermes 6-0 New Elgin
Inverness City 1-2 Banks o' Dee
Maud 7-4 Dyce Juniors

Aberdeen University 0-3 Parkvale
Colony Park 2-1 Bridge of Don Thistle
East End 3-4 Newmachar United
Glentanar 2-0 Lewis United

Whitehills 2-4 Forres Thistle

Grill Cup Quarter Finals

Buchanhaven Hearts v Forres Thistle

Ellon United v Deveronside

Hermes v FC Stoneywood

Maud v East End

Ties to be played on Sat 6 September (Provisional)

Semi Final draw

Buchanhaven Hearts or Forres Thistle v Maud or East End

Ellon United or Deveronside v Hermes or F Stoneywood

Ties to be played on Sat 20 September (Provisional)

NRJFA Fixtures

Friday 29th August 2014

PMAC Group Superleague

Banks o’ Dee v Ellon United

Kick off 7.45pm

Saturday 30th August 2014

PMAC Group Superleague

Culter v Cruden Bay

Deveronside v FC Stoneywood

Dyce Juniors v Inverness City

Hall Russell United v Maud

Hermes v Banchory St Ternan

New Elgin v Stonehaven

PMAC Group First Division (East)

Buchanhaven Hearts v East End

Colony Park v Sunnybank

Glentanar v Fraserburgh United

Lewis United v Aberdeen University

Newmachar United v Longside (at Watson Park, Cruden Bay)

Parkvale v Bridge of Don Thistle

PMAC Group First Division (West)

Buckie Rovers v Nairn St Ninian

Dufftown v Portgordon Victoria

Forres Thistle v Islavale

Lossiemouth United v Whitehills

Spey Valley FC v Burghead Thistle

Kick off 2pm

Sorry for messed last post, should have read....

What's up with Aberdeen uni??

Have they lost a few boys?? Heard two maybe going to deveronvale??

It's still summer for some of our students, frustrating to say the least. No ones going Deveronvale just so you know.. (I hope!)

NRJFA Results

Saturday 30th August 2014

PMAC Group Superleague

Culter 3-1 Cruden Bay

Deveronside3-1 FC Stoneywood

Dyce Juniors 6-2 Inverness City

Hall Russell United 1-7 Maud

Hermes 3-2 Banchory St Ternan

New Elgin 2-2 Stonehaven

PMAC Group First Division (East)

Buchanhaven Hearts 3-1 East End

Colony Park 5-1 Sunnybank