The North Region Thread 2014-2015

footiefanboy

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are things looking today in and around the Peterculter area and the prospects for a game on Saturday?

Weathers picked up a little today, game was probably in doubt earlier in the week but bar another drop in temperature it should be ok

How are things looking today in and around the Peterculter area and the prospects for a game on Saturday?

If it was today it would definitely be on, although with this wind the ball would hardly be in play! However... weather forecast suggests a hard frost on Friday night into

Saturday, so if I was a betting man, my money, sadly, would be on match off.

If it was today it would definitely be on, although with this wind the ball would hardly be in play! However... weather forecast suggests a hard frost on Friday night into

Saturday, so if I was a betting man, my money, sadly, would be on match off.

Our man in the North was suggesting there was due to be a pitch inspection today at 9 am followed by one at 2 pm. Looking at the forecast the temprature is set to drop throughout today and tonight. So could well be a early thumbs up followed by a late thumbs down.

The Shetland Branch are on the boat tonight at 5 pm - although pretty sure he won't be to bothered if he has to go throught it all again!!

Our man in the North was suggesting there was due to be a pitch inspection today at 9 am followed by one at 2 pm. Looking at the forecast the temprature is set to drop throughout today and tonight. So could well be a early thumbs up followed by a late thumbs down.

The Shetland Branch are on the boat tonight at 5 pm - although pretty sure he won't be to bothered if he has to go throught it all again!!

Cold at the moment but not freezing, but like you say it's due to drop considerably tonight, so unfortunately not looking good if that's the case.

I don't think the frost is to be too bad, that's the problem with early inspections, it's usually called on the state of the pitch at that time, and with sunshine forecast which will thaw out the pitch I'm hoping common sense prevails and the game will be on ( cos I'm being dragged shopping if it's off)

Don't think so, been keeping an eye on the forecast up there, +6 degrees there on Friday with temperature to stay above freezing overnight. So hopeful the game will be on!! #roadtrip #HTG

It snowed Sunday/Monday & It was -4 in Aberdeen this morning so I think we'll need considerable temperature rise to have and chance of a game. Frozen snow covering the park at the moment

Like most grounds they will likely need at least 2 days of milder weather to thaw the remaining snow and frost out of the ground and I think the milder weather will come too late. Could the game be played on Sunday instead?

Archived