Ardeer season 2014-2015

Cazzy123

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doubt the the managment would see it lyk that mate , But ur nt wrong about bein a class act , Would bring a great level of experience to youngers boys at the club , Think derek will do well as i think the boys he has are playing for each other and he will add more decent players

Nae disrespect but Ardeer don't get linked to players of the quality of Latta every season.If he comes,he has a few years left in him and he would be the leader and would play where the team needed him the most.Don't think Cook would put restrictions on Latta,he would trust him to know where and at what point he is needed in whatever position during a match.

Was in the local paper tht the wage bill was something lyk £150 or tht , I think there wouldav been alot of other teams paying more than tht by alot or just more, So i think derek has done extremly well

Was in the local paper tht the wage bill was something lyk £150 or tht , I think there wouldav been alot of other teams paying more than tht by alot or just more, So i think derek has done extremly well

Cookie is a very good manager but more importantly a very decent human being.

He deserves all the success that comes to him as he does things the correct way.

Seen that myself a few weeks ago in the Irvine Times. Think the exact figure was £163. Find that very hard to beleive.

Without being disrespectful to Ardeer, they don`t have a pot to piss in! For years they have been viewed as the poor relations in the ADL and we`ve even had people on here slaughtering some of the people associated with the club because they like a drink and how they dress!! Don`t be under any illusions Derek Cook managing to get Ardeer promoted is an absolutely magnificent achievement. He started pretty much from scratch this season with pretty much the same budget as Ardeer have always had and still managed to get the promoted. They are a club who survive predominantly as a direct result of the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes week in and week out. They have no main sponsor to speak of and the gate money is negligible so wether people find it hard to believe or not Ardeer did not get promoted on the back of a huge budget. I would suggest Irvine Vics, Whittlets, Girvan and AWR to start with, were all working with significantly higher budgets than Ardeer. It`s already been said, but massive respect to everyone at Ardeer. (as per a previous post, Derek Cook does indeed conduct himself in the correct manner and it`s reflected in how his team plays)

Without being disrespectful to Ardeer, they don`t have a pot to piss in! For years they have been viewed as the poor relations in the ADL and we`ve even had people on here slaughtering some of the people associated with the club because they like a drink and how they dress!! Don`t be under any illusions Derek Cook managing to get Ardeer promoted is an absolutely magnificent achievement. He started pretty much from scratch this season with pretty much the same budget as Ardeer have always had and still managed to get the promoted. They are a club who survive predominantly as a direct result of the people who work tirelessly behind the scenes week in and week out. They have no main sponsor to speak of and the gate money is negligible so wether people find it hard to believe or not Ardeer did not get promoted on the back of a huge budget. I would suggest Irvine Vics, Whittlets, Girvan and AWR to start with, were all working with significantly higher budgets than Ardeer. It`s already been said, but massive respect to everyone at Ardeer. (as per a previous post, Derek Cook does indeed conduct himself in the correct manner and it`s reflected in how his team plays)

Thats all fine and well, but i still dont beleive that was there wage budget. Squad of 20 at £7:50 a head. Nae chance

£163? That's ridiculous. Sure, the budget wasn't the biggest in the league, but hardly "shoestring"

Exactly!! Theres no taking away from them gaining promotion, but im sure they had a more than a decent budget to get there. Probably no the biggest, but more than sufficient i reckon.

Cooky also said that wintons budget was a grand a week on wages in that same interview. He's a cracking manager, great guy and certainly knows how to play mind games.

I know a few boys who play for ardeer and dnt get a penny , All be it the local boys dnt get money which is about 4 players and not many people would be on anymore than £20 so it pretty much adds up if its lookd at tht way , Maby £163 is bending the truth a bit but it wont be far away from tht compared to wht other teams total were at end of the week

Whoever thinks they pay everyone £7:50 a head across the board is disillusioned, the will need to pay double what they have done to some of the higher wage players to stay in the league. Credit to all at Ardeer gaining promotion but like any squad they need to bring real quality and depth in to survive in a league where 4 goes down.

Whtever it may be lyk the previous post the fact tht ardeer have gotten promotion is a massie acheivment in itself and the hats defo should go off to the players cos if dazzlers ryt and only 6-8 players are gettn paid then the rest must have a cracking relationship with the managment

It's a team of locals boys who play for the jersey and not the money mate and with a great mixture of youth and experience it's good times for ardeer the now. Derek knows what he will need for next season and I'm sure he has been speaking to a couple of people so we will see what pans out over the summer.

Why all the debate about the wage bill? What Del and Jim done to gain promotion was outstanding. They where left with no more than 7 or 8 players from last season and after a poor league cup section were tipped to struggle however they evolved the team through the year blending youth and experience playing exciting attacking football.

Archived