Wimbledon and other grass court events 2014

lichtie23

The French Open isn't quite over yet with the men's final still to play but the grass court season kicks off tomorrow with action from the Queens Club in London and ATP Halle from Germany. It all finishes with the Wimbledon championships starting the 23rd of June.

Can Murray defend his title?

There is also ladies action in Birmingham this upcoming week with the likes of Ana Ivanovic ( :wub: ), Sloane Stephens, Sam Stosur and Heather Watson in action.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are 3 other Brits playing at the Queens Club this week.

James Ward vs Blaz Rolo (Slv)

Dan Evans vs Jurgan Meltzer (Aut)

Daniel Cox vs Adrian Mannarino (Fra)

I can see Ward winning his 1st round match but think Evans and Cox will go out

Cant see Murray winning it he hasn't been that convincing of late. I hope he's not become a victim of his own success after last years triumph! After the year that he had from losing the final in 2012 and then going on to win what he did it was as though it was written in the stars for him to win last year but theres not that buzz about it this year and i fancy Nadal or Djokovic to make short work of him should he even get that far

Love watching Queens. The court is of a ridiculous quality for a club surface. It's superior to Wimbledon for sure.

Serve let him down a few times but he wins the third in a tie break to go through 2-1.

Wasn't really his serve that let him down though, it was the fact that he was still taking risks with his second serve, obviously a few doubles will be thrown in with that strategy.

Good win for him though against an excellent volleyer and former top ten player

Dan Evans beaten by Kevin Anderson in straight sets 6-2 6-3.

Heather Watson beaten by qualifier Aleksandra Wozniak 2-6 7-5 6-4 but Johanna Konta won her match against Kurumi Nara 6-3 6-1.

Konta now plays Wozniak in the 2nd round.

Archived