Anti homeless spikes

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not being funny but is this not massively missing the point? I don't wish to persecute the homeless but if I had bought a property which was then decended upon by a load of homeless people I wouldn't be too happy..........trying not to be a NIMBY but why is there no sheltered housing/comunes for these people?

I'm not being funny but is this not massively missing the point? I don't wish to persecute the homeless but if I had bought a property which was then decended upon by a load of homeless people I wouldn't be too happy..........trying not to be a NIMBY but why is there no sheltered housing/comunes for these people?

That last question is a good one, but to the first part. The people who put those spikes there had no right putting them there as it wasn't their property. It was council property and thus if they say "get them moved", that's the end of the matter.

After that, it's up to those who bought the property to move if they don't like it.

That last question is a good one, but to the first part. The people who put those spikes there had no right putting them there as it wasn't their property. It was council property and thus if they say "get them moved", that's the end of the matter.

After that, it's up to those who bought the property to move if they don't like it.

If it's Council property fair enough but if they've bought the property then surely it's their property?

Apologies but I've never lived in nor bought a Council house before.

We can all be morally offended by this but how many of us would honestly put up with homeless people frequenting outside their house or are we all just NIMBY's?

You're OK, Vietnamese boat people are so last century...........................

......................or are they?

If it's Council property fair enough but if they've bought the property then surely it's their property?

Apologies but I've never lived in nor bought a Council house before.

We can all be morally offended by this but how many of us would honestly put up with homeless people frequenting outside their house or are we all just NIMBY's?

The pavement, where they put the devices in Glasgow, is still owned by the council.

The pavement, where they put the devices in Glasgow, is still owned by the council.

Fair enough regarding the Council insisting upon there removal but it still misses the point.......what are they doing to house the homeless?

I could lend you one to sink sjc's boat and leave all the homeless paddlers alone.

We have enough cnuts swimming in the canal at present as it is thank you very much! :P

Fair enough regarding the Council insisting upon there removal but it still misses the point.......what are they doing to house the homeless?

You have shelters across the city, they can't spend all day in them though, I think you need to be out the door some point in the morning and can return later on.

Also 40% of "council houses" are reserved for homeless cases

You also have homeless people who as hard as this might be to believe would rather be homeless

Archived