Anti homeless spikes

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the homeless guys in Glasgow I know came up to me and said I knew his sister, turns out she works in our office.

He just had a family fall out and walked out.

See, conclusive proof that all homeless are there voluntarily. Spikes for all.

Funnily enough, in the original story the paper went to the local council who said they would look into the health and safety aspect of the spikes.

The first steamer that walks up to his flat security entrance looking for his keys and falls face first onto the spikes and they're gone.

If that was my flats that would be me tbh.

I have been homeless before . I did have a car to sleep in though , although November is fucking cold in Scotland . The local homeless office can get you a bed for the night , mostly in hostels which are awful . Then arrange an interview for local housing , which then takes a few months until you're re-housed . The actual guys who kip in doorways are mostly the ones who haven't seeked help or who are beyond help .

While I have every sympathy with people who have no options and end up sleeping rough (when I was down on my luck I had my family to fall back on but I know not everyone does, I'm not trying to be trite) I have no sympathy with chancers. Not all people who sleep rough are the same, same as any group, I'd be pretty pissed off if I walked out my front door and found some fecker kippping there. There really shouldn't be any long term homelessness in a country like ours but we're not alone in having it, call me a NIMBY but the fact that this problem hasn't been 'fixed' doesn't mean that people can just camp out on others property.

That we still have a problem with long term homelessness is to our shame, there's a lot of people who have all sorts of issues that are homeless, and its only cost that stops us helping a lot of them. Some folk are irredeemable I suppose and again, I'm not trying to be horrible when I say that but we should be trying to help those that we can 'fix', if only to save money in the long run even if we don't do it for the 'right' reasons.

Similar to the spikes to stop pigeons sitting on window ledges. Our homeless are no better than pigeons. At least the pigeons don't ask for spare change. Mon the pigeons.

Nothing new here. The Howies Restaurant building at Waterloo Place in Edinburgh has had these for many, many years on it's lovely, comfy, window ledges..

Similar to the spikes to stop pigeons sitting on window ledges. Our homeless are no better than pigeons. At least the pigeons don't ask for spare change. Mon the pigeons.

Nae soup kitchens needed for pigeons either - they're perfectly happy chowing down on a convenient pile of sick.

The homeless seem to be a bit better at retaining both of their feet than your average pigeon though, so fair play to them on that score.

Archived