Clear out at Kilsyth

Kilsyth Coyle

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not really surprised either,agree with other poster that we had the core of a good side but not enough consistency,we had a disastrous start when we only took something like 2 pts from first 18 available then we were left playing catch up . i know weve signed joe barclay back from ashfield,an i know graeme mclaren has also left the club ,back east probable destination.Even though we had a poor season,a couldnt fault anyone for there efforts,i wish them all luck wherever they end up.

Always sad when this happens, but inevitable given the results last year. I hope the player who were released get fixed up soon.

Having our new manager assisting eric last season should mean he knows exactly the type of player he is looking for to push on this season coming. All the best to him and committee in securing new players over the summer so we can enjoy watching the team a bit more next season.

who did we keep? heard dukes doyle and phil staying? who else?

A hear Waters & Mcpeake are the others that are staying. Kelly going to Lithgie and the rest not offered terms. The new assistant manager Kev Mcbride is also a player, left back I beleive and his brother a striker has also signed. Nicky Prentice from B-Watch21s has also signed along with Joe Barclay . Talks ongoing with many others I beleive.

Thought Kelly was away to Whitburn? No chance he's good enough for Lithgie :)

Whitburn !!! You having a laugh???? why would Kilsyth player of the year 2 years running go to Whitburn in the district league. Franny Kelly is a quality player and worked with Danny at Kilsyth so Danny knows what he's getting. Top player 23 goals from wide this season. Lithgie will be lucky to have him.

Whitburn !!! You having a laugh???? why would Kilsyth player of the year 2 years running go to Whitburn in the district league. Franny Kelly is a quality player and worked with Danny at Kilsyth so Danny knows what he's getting. Top player 23 goals from wide this season. Lithgie will be lucky to have him.

Totally agree, on his game Franny is unstoppable just a pity most teams became aware of that and he ended up getting kicked off the park more often than not.

Honestly didn't think he kicked a ball all season!!!! Looked unfit compared to most of the better players in the league. Not saying he's a bad player, just no where near at Lithgae level! Seen Lithgae in the league / cup etc a few times this season, and I'd be highly surprised if he got in the squad, never mind the first team. If it's true, then fair play to him!!!

Honestly didn't think he kicked a ball all season!!!! Looked unfit compared to most of the better players in the league. Not saying he's a bad player, just no where near at Lithgae level! Seen Lithgae in the league / cup etc a few times this season, and I'd be highly surprised if he got in the squad, never mind the first team. If it's true, then fair play to him!!!

kicked at least 23 balls

Time will tell, we'll have to wait n see what happens?? It's just my opinion!!! Hope he proves me wrong, coz as I said, he's a good lad!! However, he'll need to work on his fitness levels big time if he's to make the grade at a top junior club!!

is Brian Carrigan still playing for you ?

No he only played one game last season and then retired to concentrate on his rehabilitation. Still looked more than decent, just a shame. I've no heard anything about him for a while.

Archived