Amazing Live Bands

Ira Gaines

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive seen rush over 30 times since 78, just incredible live and still getting better.

other bands who were amazing were ufo in there prime, uriah heep, and

neil young and crazy horse and the scorpions pre winds of change always

put on a show.

ive seen all the big rock acts over the years and tbh not many of them

have disapointed.

Moderat were brilliant at Parklife on Saturday. Awesome visuals, perfect sound and enough of a beat to have everyone moving the whole set.

Missed them stupidly every time they've played Glasgow. Stupid considering I've listened to their debut about a billion times.

Glasvegas - one of them bands that are better live than on record. I've took along a few people to their gigs who weren't big fans but came away saying they're one of the best bands they've seen.

Springsteen - I'm bored out my tits at gigs when I'm sober, but sober at Hampden seeing Springsteen was still brilliant.

Johnny Marr

Morrissey

That's off the top of my head.

KISS- SECC Fantastic stageshow, interaction with the crowd and good live performances of their best hits.

AC/DC - Hampden Favourite gig from my favourite band. Fantastic performance, even the fact they have to downtune a few songs so brian can sing doesn't take away from the fun. Angus' solos gave me goosebumps.

Iron Maiden - Somewhere back in time at Twickenham. Having a giant mummy Eddie come out of a pyramid/sphynx set, what more do you want. Plus getting to see Bruce scream some classics was epic. Craziest crowd i've been in too. Moonchild intro on guitar was a highlight.

Caught Iron Maiden at the SECC on the Death on the Road tour. Was kinda hard to work out how good they were, as I was too busy getting lobbed about like an empty tracksuit and singing every word to give much of a f**k about how good the actual band were.

Some night though.

Eels.

They are playing in Glasgow next week, didn't get tickets as I was supposed to be on holiday, now that has fallen through though I am very tempted. Despite them being a fairly big band I'm struggling to find anyone else who wants to go though.

Kasabian are currently the best live band in the world, magnificent.

Frightened Rabbit are always excellent live and are actually better in person than on record. Never disappoint.

Scroobius Pip - either with Dan Le Sac or on his own - is always brilliant.

Only got to see Bon Iver once, but it was amazing. Shame that seems to be the end of it, as I'd love to see them again, Justin Vernon is a very good musician.

There's a flaw in the arguments of most people here (including myself) in that the majority of bands we go to see live we already like and have paid money for, therefore we are expecting them to be good. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Maybe it would be better if we discussed bands that we expected to be poor / average but were surprisingly brilliant live.

I'll go first:

OMD (thought they would be some synth pop pish, and went to accompany a girlfriend, but they turned out to be a complete party!)

Well, there's been bands I had no expectations for, rather than expecting them to be shit or whatever, or even be unsure of them. They've been...

The Flaming Lips

Biffy Clyro

Flogging Molly

Slipknot

The White Stripes

Miles Kane

The Wanted

The Enemy

Olly Murs

Rudimental
Of Monsters and Men

Travis

Alt-J

Travis and The Wanted REALLY surprised me. Travis because I'd seen them before and thought they were shite, and The Wanted because they are fairly poor by anyone's standards.

Caught Iron Maiden at the SECC on the Death on the Road tour. Was kinda hard to work out how good they were, as I was too busy getting lobbed about like an empty tracksuit and singing every word to give much of a f**k about how good the actual band were.

Some night though.

Did the speakers not blow up or a powercut or something. My pals were at that gig.

Did the speakers not blow up or a powercut or something. My pals were at that gig.

Aye, happened during Paschendale. Didn't hold things up a ridiculously long time. They just restarted the song after a short delay and got on with it.

Completely forgot about that until you mentioned it there.

Archived