Celebrity Masterchef

The Naitch

3 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

Felicity looks like she can rustle up something decent but the rest aren't up to much.

Her food certainly needs a bit of refinement, and hopefully she doesn’t just cook chicken everytime. But yes, she was certainly the best of a fairly bland bunch. 

16 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Felicity and Gethin will go through tonight.

ETA meant tomorrow.

Felicity is, by a mile, the best of this particular lot.  This lot quite clearly being the likeable but useless, self-deprecating bunch.   Everyone in John Barnes’ group would qualify from this bunch.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

Last nights chef was clearly regretting having them anywhere near his kitchen!

Thought the Italian guy came across as a decent bloke.  Most of these professional chefs seem like absolute weirdos. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Thought the Italian guy came across as a decent bloke.  Most of these professional chefs seem like absolute weirdos. 

I was talking about the mass catering guy. I thought Italian guy was great, took time to explain lay out to the blind guy and couple adjustments make sure he was safe. 

They’re all having a nightmare tonight, felicity looks hopeless.

After being the best on the opening night, 2 shockers in a row sees felicity go, along with (Googles name) Lady Leshurr whose dessert did actually look superb.

Gethin has been consistent enough throughout the heat, but that doesn’t say much as the standard has been generally shite with this group. Amar went through on the basis of being less shite than the other two, which considering he’s blind is some achievement.

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Amar went through on the basis of being less shite than the other two, which considering he’s blind is some achievement.

I like the man and admire what he is doing but I cannot help thinking:

a - is he a one trick pony only able to cook Asian food

b- are the BBC trying to tick another box here.

7 hours ago, Hard Graft said:

I like the man and admire what he is doing but I cannot help thinking:

a - is he a one trick pony only able to cook Asian food

b- are the BBC trying to tick another box here.

A. Asian food is a very, very big area.  It’s quite a lot more than one-trick, even if that’s *all* he can do.

B. I have absolutely no idea what box that would be, and for what purpose that box might exist.

Another fairly poor week I thought.

Judy Murray was terrible, which I was quite surprised at actually.  

Matthew looked decent from the start and clearly knows how to cook.

Riyadh (had to google to see who he was), started off quite slow, but came in to it as the week went on finishing strong.

Pete (had to google who he was), is a complete moron who seems to have developed this reality tv trait of acting thick on camera.  He was decent enough, but I don't know how many times he had to tell everyone he was vegetarian. His whole pretence that he's never cooked before, got a bit boring as well.

Crissy (had to google who she was), was poor throughout.   

4 hours ago, Northboy said:

I'm getting a bit tired of Phil saying how he lives alone and only cooks for him and the dog - what he's served up so far suggests he knows exactly what he's doing (or he has the best fed dog in the country).

He's gone full cockney "I love my mum" pish now as well.