Forfarshire Cup 2014/15

Radford

Must've been a cracker for a neutral that, could've finished 6-6. Thought Gold and Reid both played well, Hester did alright as well. Good run out for mostly 2nd string players, decent atmosphere created by both fans as well.

And scraps in town I'm hearing

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must've been a cracker for a neutral that, could've finished 6-6. Thought Gold and Reid both played well, Hester did alright as well. Good run out for mostly 2nd string players, decent atmosphere created by both fans as well.

They must have some lungs on them to create a decent atmosphere with only 2 in attendance...

Thought he was having a pop at our attendance for a Forfarshire cup game there

I couldn't make it because of work what was the crowd? Who scored for us?

Munro header from a corner, Hester and a great goal from Gold

Cracking final - bit of everything. Thought the Forfar penalty was decidedly soft and their second suspicious for off-side. They were also fortunate to go 3-2 up as the Arbroath keeper spilled the cross into the path of the onrushing attacker. Cracked of an equaliser for 3-3 from 30yds keeper didn't move.

Thought he was having a pop at our attendance for a Forfarshire cup game there

I couldn't make it because of work what was the crowd?

576. Including perhaps 120 Arbroath 'ultras', 40 or so Forfar, and 2 drums...

cracking game of football-gutted to lose but not surprised we bottled something!Clarke should've won it for us and unfortunately McWalter thought he was playing in the rugby World Cup. Liked the look of Brodie, good shot stopper but I thought when we signed him he looked quite small for a keeper and that showed a few times. Munro was class and his penalty was cool as you like. Seems to love playing here too. Stewart did okay as a makeshift centre back and Lowdon played well. McWalter, im afraid, should've been let go in the summer. Gives his all but a very limited footballer. I was all for giving him a new contract but in hindsight maybe not the best decision. Reid was class but I didn't think Gold was that good-great goal but especially in the first half slowed play trying too much on the ball. Joao was great I thought, and his willingness to close down the defenders was great. Thought Hester had a great game. Didn't let Nicoll (who should've been sent off) dominate him and was in the right place at the right time for his goal. For Forfar, I thought the right winger was pretty good, but the right back looked like he was bricking it every time he got the ball and I wasn't really impressed by the keeper. Onto east Stirling then!

Cracking final - bit of everything. Thought the Forfar penalty was decidedly soft and their second suspicious for off-side. They were also fortunate to go 3-2 up as the Arbroath keeper spilled the cross into the path of the onrushing attacker. Cracked of an equaliser for 3-3 from 30yds keeper didn't move.

576. Including perhaps 120 Arbroath 'ultras', 40 or so Forfar, and 2 drums...

Interesting to hear from a neutral, hard to see from the other end for the penalty/offside

First game McWalter has had all season so think it's a bit harsh to be over critical of the performance. Thought it has strange that Hester didn't take a pen being our centre forward. Gold was frustrating me all night with his unnecessary extra touches but took his goal well. Thought Wilson was poor in defence yet again and can't see him breaking back into the team soon. Great game overall to watch though and was really impressed with Victoria in spells and thought Hester did quite well. Spoke to a forfar fan at half time who said the pen was soft so may have been unlucky with that one.

Archived