Hibernian 2014/2015 season thread.

Hopefully Hibs have took my idea of a partnership with Scorpio Leisure seriously. Imagine the tagline. "You can always score at Scorpios". "2 pies for the price of 1". "Play away from home". This stuff writes itself.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the otherhand, the - successful - development team's just been axed.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-quit-east-of-scotland-league-set-up-1-3435657

That is a disappointment but if it's necessary until we get back to the Premiership then so be it. Hopefully that's not the door shut for good and we can rejoin when we're more stable.

Interview with Leeann Dempster in the Herald today:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/no-interference-call-for-change-comes-through-loud-and-clear.24434266

The bit that jumped out at me was:

"Here at Hibs we will take decisions collectively. Do I decide if certain players are signed or not, if a manager comes and makes a strong recommendation? Well, that is their judgment call. I need to make a decision on whether they are backed. In my previous post I met the players early - I had most of the dealings in that respect - and I don't see that changing."

From what I heard of Butcher at ICT, he liked to have complete control over all footballing issues, and especially signings. Can't see him liking this.

On the otherhand, the - successful - development team's just been axed.

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-quit-east-of-scotland-league-set-up-1-3435657

Hopefully we give a certain number of our EOS regular players chances in the first team, even if we use it as a means of filling voids in the side without making un-needed transfers, definitely a few players that can step up already

Hibs are to nice a club. We are too sentimental to huddies that play for us. I think we should aim to be the most hated club in the UK. It would be a money spinner. Our away end would be full of people, if we became some sort of ultra hated team. We could get Di Canio as our manager, sign Nile Ranger, that other fella that beats up women. Instead of Section 43, a Westboro Baptist section. Instead of kids kicking balls at halftime, a halftime hate sermon and a singalong with Nick Griffin. Total money spinner.

You need to be successful to be hated.

Hibs are to nice a club. We are too sentimental to huddies that play for us. I think we should aim to be the most hated club in the UK. It would be a money spinner. Our away end would be full of people, if we became some sort of ultra hated team. We could get Di Canio as our manager, sign Nile Ranger, that other fella that beats up women. Instead of Section 43, a Westboro Baptist section. Instead of kids kicking balls at halftime, a halftime hate sermon and a singalong with Nick Griffin. Total money spinner.

John Leslie?

This is looking bad. We need a new squad quickly, not pissing about.

Have patience mate. We don't know whether Terry will be our new manager by this time next week. But you're right if we haven't signed any players by the start of July then i will start to worry.

Who cares Roman Abramovich wants to buy us. This will totally happen and we will be cuffing Chelsea in the Champions League final in 5 years. Fact.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2014/06/07/5392c451268e3e0a678b456f.html

Run it through translate and....

A company linked to Russian tycoon Roman Abramovich, owner of Chelsea, has reached an agreement with the two directors representing a majority stake in Mallorca, Lorenzo Serra Ferrer and Biel Cerdà to keep 55% of the Balearic club from July 1, the date of expiry of the syndication agreement that Serra Ferrer has signed with another director, Pedro Terrace. The deal is contingent on the team now gets to remain in the Second Division.

The Israeli goalkeeper Dudu Aouate, which will start this afternoon in Cordoba in the last league match, will represent this group in Mallorca. Aouate will retire from professional football to devote to wear everyday club, something for which this season has prepared weekly in Madrid attending a course in sports management.

The Mallorca, thus become the first Spanish club orbiting under the cloak of Russian billionaire, whose fortune is estimated at 10.200 million. Besides Chelsea, Abramovich indirectly controls CSKA Moscow and Dutch Vitesse, whose largest shareholder is your partner Alexsandr Chigrinsky, and is in talks with Israeli Hapoel, Brazil's Corinthians and Scottish Hibernian. The relationship with Abramovich will result in the arrival of young players, owned by Chelsea, which would make filming in the Spanish League.

Super feeder club, Torres for Caldwell.

Actually visited a Chelsea forum and found this

http://www.theshedend.com/forum/60-glasgow-rangers/

Boo. Roman out!!!

Was nice to see Paul Kane telling Mr Farmer and Petrie what to do with their club today.

I am sure both would be more than willing to sell the club to Mr Kane and allow him to run it in that way then.

Of course if Mr Kane has no money to do so his opinion is irrelevant.

Don't hear Mr Petrie telling him how to run pubs....all of which were rammed today thanks to the rally.....hmmmmmm

I read that Kane told the crowd today that Dempster should prove her autonomy by firing Petrie. Is that for real?!?!

I'll be in the minority of Hibs fans in any online forum but I don't think the priority is firing Petrie, and I don't understand why the campaign is making this the sole issue. And oddly, their main criticism of Farmer and Petrie - which seems to be the claim of "underinvestment" - doesn't really stand up to scrutiny.

What's their next move after today's protest, tbh?

Meanwhile Paul Kanes IV (Aye, Hibernian legend Paul Kane did change The Four in Hand to IV. Roflcopter) must be making a killing.

The way he's riding these Hibs bellends and what he renamed his pub almost makes you think he's a jambo.

Archived