Away capacities

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised Dumbarton aren't planing on doing an east fife and "terracing" the empty sides.

The club are looking into it but we are having planning/council issues due to our location and apparent lack of parking.

The club will also only do it if there is financial gain to be made which at the minute looks unlikely. Would take a lot of work for little reward but they haven't officially ruled it out.

According to my copy of Francis Hind Groome's Ordnance Gazeteer of Scotland (1885)... "Terregles is a parish of NE Kirkcubrightshire, containing a very small portion of the parliamentary burgh for Dumfries". There follows the usual fairly bland detail about the topography, historical events, rental valuations and that of the living, pew capacity, and the population and attendance of the parish school.

One claimed translation of the name seems to be Kirklands - Terregles, from terra eccles, eccelsiastical lands - but in the Middle Ages it was Travereglis.

Falkirk talking about putting gazebos back in. Would think that Hearts/Hibs might get offered half MS + NS (4k). With PATG Falkirk fans offered the tents. Whilst Sevco will get the above in its entirety (5k).

Didn't I read a while ago that Dumbarton were on the move again?

Seem to remember talk of houses getting built on the ground and you moving to another part of town.

Yes but it won't be in time for this season, the new ground should be ready for our assault on the Premiership in season 2014/15.

sure we took just over 6000 under Burley.

Yep Hearts filled our stadium with 6,000 away fans, but Flynn hiked up the prices for their next visit and paid the price for his greed. We've dropped our prices for the forthcoming season so should encourage decent crowds for our games against hearts.

Our West Stand, where the dugouts/hospitality etc is located, is the only stand that is seperate. The other three stands are joined together, so the smart money would be on our home support being in the West Stand (which we wouldn't come close to filling, before any smart asre replies) and Hearts/Hibs/Rangers being given the rest. As I said, that would be the smart thing to do, whether we will or not remains to be seen.

The problem will come when we get "day trippers" along; people who have a fleeting interest in Rangers and couldn't point to Ibrox on a map, of which Livingston (and West Lothian in general) is crawling.

Fair to say Livi will benefit most of the Championship sides remaining from last season.

Anything up to 8,000 away fans through their gate from Sevco (if not bust) and their two Capital neighbours'.

Our ST sales are already past last seasons, read quite a few that haven't been in years have bought some (coming out the woodwork for the Ramgers, Hearts and Hibs playing in the Championship)

Our ST sales are already past last seasons, read quite a few that haven't been in years have bought some (coming out the woodwork for the Ramgers, Hearts and Hibs playing in the Championship)

I think most clubs season tickets will be up by some amount.

I don't think it's all due to having those teams in the division though.

The value of are season tickets this year are fantastic, I'm not saying that the draw of these teams isn't helping but we must be one of the best valued season tickets in the top 2 leagues this season coming, reducing the price has obviously helped a great deal too.

Archived