Away capacities

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The impression i get from talking to people is that Hearts might take more to away games than in recent years. Will there be games where it will be hard to get hold of a ticket?

Our away end holds 900 so if Hibs/Hearts/V2.0 are planning on taking more than 900 fans to the Rock then yes it will be difficult.

The impression i get from talking to people is that Hearts might take more to away games than in recent years. Will there be games where it will be hard to get hold of a ticket?

I'd imagine tickets for away games to grounds with smaller capacities (i.e. Dumbarton's Bet Butler Stadium) that the club will prioritise those tickets for fans with a high total of loyalty points.

I'd imagine tickets for away games to grounds with smaller capacities (i.e. Dumbarton's Bet Butler Stadium) that the club will prioritise those tickets for fans with a high total of loyalty points.

Aye, i understand the usual rules will apply CGR, just wondered how many times it would be needed.

We might start of badly and get worse and it won't be a problem anywhere, ;) but i know there are people who haven't been regular travellers for a number of seasons but are showing an interest for the coming season.

3500 just now with scope to increase. More than enough room.

Am I right in thinking outwith the 3 newbies we have the highest away capacity in the league? Kerching£££!

I'm guessing Livi will give 3 stands to large away supports though...how much would that be?

Am I right in thinking outwith the 3 newbies we have the highest away capacity in the league? Kerching£££!

I'm guessing Livi will give 3 stands to large away supports though...how much would that be?

sure we took just over 6000 under Burley.

Have to think Livi would easily have 5,000 away tickets. I think their ground holds 10,000 and i can't see it getting filled. Should be plenty to go round there and Ibrox but other grounds i suspect there will be a shortage of tickets for away fans, including Falkirk and Raith.

Queens are planning to redevelop the entire away terrace for next season. It was partially open for rangers in the cup, but they're looking to increase the capacity. Apparently taking the total to the 10k mark. That would probably mean about 3-4000 away fans.

Queens are planning to redevelop the entire away terrace for next season. It was partially open for rangers in the cup, but they're looking to increase the capacity. Apparently taking the total to the 10k mark. That would probably mean about 3-4000 away fans.

Got any sources for this so I can have a read? That will be good if Queens can do that, I didn't even know it could be used currently either. Pretty sure the last time I saw it it was full of advertising boards and weeds.

Not sure how Cowden will work it yet, i'd imagine the Police will have a big say. But i'd reckon we will try to get as many away fans in as we can. Perhpas 2500 - 3000

We really should only be catering for around 1000 home fans, which would leave 3000+ for the away support. How you manage to split the ground to suit those numbers is a different matter though. If we got the new stand we would need to have some capacity behind the high street end goals. There's no segregation fence between there and the terracing opposite the stands though.

Got any sources for this so I can have a read? That will be good if Queens can do that, I didn't even know it could be used currently either. Pretty sure the last time I saw it it was full of advertising boards and weeds.

Statement from the board a couple of days ago. It's on our OS.

Eta. It's not on the OS, was the local paper.

As mentioned, it was open, for the first time in close to twenty years, for the visit of Rangers last September.

This took many by surprise as the popular belief seemed to be that it was condemned and couldn't be used again.

For that game, they got about 900 on it, by just using the one turnstile next to the new stand.

I don't know what the plans are for re-doing it this summer, but it's hard to see how the work could push us close to the 10,000 mark. That was the figure quoted in a local paper recently but I honestly don't know where that comes from.

It is all quite exciting though. It should make Palmerston a pretty attractive ground for the big away supports next season, as it will offer visiting fans a choice of sitting or standing in a good, four sided stadium which combines the old and the new.

I can't see the capacity being 10,000 though.

Archived