Away capacities

Terregles has 3 distinct syllables, the first properly enjoying some emphasis of its own.

Correct. I've never heard it being pronounced Treggles.

On the subject of the lyver, aesthetically it's complete shithole. Decent enough pub though.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I wrong with my DG1 assumption? :rolleyes:

Dumfries definitely has two different accents, Maxwelltown and Dumfries may have been one for a long time but you can certainly still notice different ways of speaking between the two areas.

I have certainly heard both "Terr-egg-ills" & "Treg-ills" many a time. I think I usually say it without emphasising the first e but I've never thought either was particularly wrong.

Never liked the Lyver as a pub and tended to avoid it.

I have certainly heard both "Terr-egg-ills" & "Treg-ills" many a time. I think I usually say it without emphasising the first e but I've never thought either was particularly wrong.

Never liked the Lyver as a pub and tended to avoid it.

Indeed. Cones back to my 'two different local accents' point.

Was it no supposed to be well known as a "Hardeman" sort of pub? :unsure2:

I never thought of it as "Hardeman" pub tbh. I'm sure the locals even tried to persuade Calvin Harris to buy it :lol:

With the close proximity of most stadiums I would expect hearts to take around 1,500 to most games possibly 3-4,000 for any bigger/important games that come up.

Hibs probably around the same figure, maybe slightly less

Rangers will take as many as they can get

Will anyone other than rangers and celtic need anywhere near the 3,500 max we will accomodate at Tynecastle

Will anyone other than rangers and celtic need anywhere near the 3,500 max we will accomodate at Tynecastle

It may have passed you by but you're not in the same division as Celtic any more so they'll be taking 0 to Tynecastle. I think Hibs might take the 3,500 though.

Archived