Charlie Telfer

What about Sevco though?

I find it funny that the fans laughing at Dundee Utd for a £200k gamble that hasn't worked were forced to switch to supporting a new club due to the death and deletion from Scottish football of their old club Rangers.

The same Rangers who spent untold millions on players like Seb Rozanthal, Daniel Prodan, Guivarch etc etc trying to beat clubs like my own who had superstars like Steve Maskrey, Gary Tallon and Jerome Varielle playing for them.

God save David Murray.

Who? I have never at anytime supported a football club called Sevco

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were Rangers based on Religion ?

Were Dundee Hibernian based on a certain religious identity?

No prattling on about this that or whatever. The above questions us all we were discussing when you came crashing in

Rangers are based on hating another club because mainly of their identy which includes origins and religion. As are Celtic.

The vast minority follow they clubs for purely footballing reasons.

To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Were Rangers based on Religion ?

Were Dundee Hibernian based on a certain religious identity?

No prattling on about this that or whatever. The above questions us all we were discussing when you came crashing in

What are you attempting to say here?

If it's simply that Dundee United were formed to serve a religious community, while Rangers weren't, don't bother.

I already know this and your pretence that you're saying something profound is grating.

If it's something else more subtle, then just say it please.

Rangers are based on hating another club because mainly of their identy which includes origins and religion. As are Celtic.

The vast minority follow they clubs for purely footballing reasons.

To say otherwise is ludicrous.

I don't agree. I think most do follow for footballing reasons.

They like watching clubs win a lot at football because the dice are loaded in their favour.

I don't agree. I think most do follow for footballing reasons. They like watching clubs win a lot at football because the dice are loaded in their favour.

Possibly yeah, to begin with, most have their heads turned by the shite thats spouted and sang at games until they do it and believe it themselves and if they don't they are not only a 90 min bigot but extremely hypocritical.

Dundee United was an ideal move for Telfer. He must have been looking at the awful Rangers defence and thinking "If I can't get a game ahead of this lot I'll never get a game".

It was admittedly a step up in quality and an opportunity to play regular football. And for United, even at £204k, there was great potential of making a significant profit had he turned out to be the player people thought he would become.

Dundee United have proven they can do that but it's not going to work every time and unfortunately for them it didn't on this occasion.

I reckon a merger of the Glasgow clubs would give Scottish football a boost.

Look at ICT a merger of two HFL clubs and we have seen us go from strength to strength.

We might even see a Scottish club win the top UEFA trophy again. It's been far too long since Aberdeen won the super cup.

Glasgow United, the rebirth of Scottish football and death of bigotry.

Archived