Charlie Telfer

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If what you say about £80k is true then he was on around £1600 per week.

For a £2m player, that's peanuts.

As noted elsewhere, he was a £4m player and yes, that's why his earnings were set to multiply when he made the move. You could indeed argue that his earnings before moving were relatively meagre, given his growing stature as a player.

However, none of that would alter the fact that No8 was implying that his earnings were very low in absolute terms, when he identified the type of car he drove. Clearly, we were meant to assume that Ferguson could afford no better. He certainly didn't just slip it in as a bit of biographical background.

The reality is that Ferguson could have afforded a rather more impressive vehicle, had he wished to buy one.

As I’d informed you some weeks ago, the Ibrox side accepted a sum of money from United months ago (as per regulations). However, the Govan boardroom got greedy and wanted more, and was keen to, for want of a better term, con their fans further, on this occasion with a website tale which was legally challenged.

Thus, the lottery, if it was that, of the compensation tribunal awarded more money than United were openly willing to pay, leaving whoever posts on the official Ibrox website to temporarily crow.

Unfortunately, BDO might now be making a legal claim on that cash, their attention drawn by the website boasting. Thus the board in Govan may finish up with less cash than they would have got if they had settled on the original sum they’d accepted, plus the £20,000 or so additional they were offered to prevent this going to the compensation tribunal.

FWIW, I think United should pay up in January and move on.

He'll probably class it as a threat made towards him and bitch about it in the papers.

Tbf I would to, I think he's been ripped off something silly paying that for a youth player of a 3rd tier club.

However I think he will be absolutely delighted with the way United are at the moment regardless.

As I’d informed you some weeks ago, the Ibrox side accepted a sum of money from United months ago (as per regulations). However, the Govan boardroom got greedy and wanted more, and was keen to, for want of a better term, con their fans further, on this occasion with a website tale which was legally challenged.

Thus, the lottery, if it was that, of the compensation tribunal awarded more money than United were openly willing to pay, leaving whoever posts on the official Ibrox website to temporarily crow.

Unfortunately, BDO might now be making a legal claim on that cash, their attention drawn by the website boasting. Thus the board in Govan may finish up with less cash than they would have got if they had settled on the original sum they’d accepted, plus the £20,000 or so additional they were offered to prevent this going to the compensation tribunal.

FWIW, I think United should pay up in January and move on.

You think asking for the fair amount dictated by the rules is 'greedy'?

So you're calling BDO and all the creditors of the former company greedy here, right?

Or are you just being dumb?

You think asking for the fair amount dictated by the rules is 'greedy'?

So you're calling BDO and all the creditors of the former company greedy here, right?

Or are you just being dumb?

No, Jock, that would be you. Yet again, telling someone what they're saying, getting it completely wrong, then havering like a loon.

No, Jock, that would be you. Yet again, telling someone what they're saying, getting it completely wrong, then havering like a loon.

Bloody hell Norm, if anyone is "havering like a loon" it aint Jock, i suggest you look in a mirror.....

However, none of that would alter the fact that No8 was implying that his earnings were very low in absolute terms,

Yet again you are getting ahead of yourself. I was implying for a player that United valued at £4 million he was on a pittance of a basic salary.

You agree with what i was actually implying in the first paragraph of your post. :rolleyes:.

The fact he drove a second hand Ford Fiesta just highlights this. The car was the car of his choice but after signing for Rangers and receiving a salary befitting a player of his stature i am sure that would have been quickly changed.

Nice to see you trying to pick an argument with me and agreeing with me all in the same post :lol:

Yet again you are getting ahead of yourself. I was implying for a player that United valued at £4 million he was on a pittance of a basic salary.

You agree with what i was actually implying in the first paragraph of your post. :rolleyes:.

The fact he drove a second hand Ford Fiesta just highlights this. The car was the car of his choice but after signing for Rangers and receiving a salary befitting a player of his stature i am sure that would have been quickly changed.

Nice to see you trying to pick an argument with me and agreeing with me all in the same post :lol:

You're sure? Jurgen Klinsmann famously drove an old VW Beetle while at Spurs, and also at Tottenham, I'm fairly sure it was Christian Gross who travelled by Tube. Neither of these two, I'm fairly sure, were on a "pittance". Modern footballers might give the impression, but conspicuous consumption still isn't compulsory as far as I know.

You're sure? Jurgen Klinsmann famously drove an old VW Beetle while at Spurs, and also at Tottenham, I'm fairly sure it was Christian Gross who travelled by Tube. Neither of these two, I'm fairly sure, were on a "pittance". Modern footballers might give the impression, but conspicuous consumption still isn't compulsory as far as I know.

I am pretty sure as Rangers have a long standing sponsorship deal with Audi.

My sons pal who was given an Audi as soon as he signed even though he cant drive. I suppose you could put this down to more overkill of the 'we are still a big club'

The clubs themselves make the rules then moan about it when its not going there way!

Must think fans are daft with all these statements attacking the system they themselves set up!

If Thomson thinks he can go to a tribunal and always win Then what is the point?

The point surely is that 1 club is gonnae be happy and 1 ain't .

It can't always be the buying club that is happy.

Didn't they have to pay a fortune for some foreign guy in a tribunal earlier this year too?

My sons pal who was given an Audi as soon as he signed even though he cant drive. I suppose you could put this down to more overkill of the 'we are still a big club'

This is a bit like Bullseye when someone loses.

Take a look at what you could've won!!!!

So he wasn't complaning about rangers getting the amount of money the rules say they are owed?

Why don't you explain his point to all the boys and girls then?

hmmm?

The fans of Deadco are good for a laugh. They can't decide whether to crow about their 'victory' or to hark back to the days of Jim McLean in an effort to disparage United.

As an Arab what is really pleasing is to compare the financial stability of Dundee United with the chaotic mess that exists in the Govan outfit.

Archived