Charlie Telfer

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are Clydebank fc getting on these days?

That's if you support Clydebank fc... :rolleyes:

Currently sitting bottom of the Super Premier without a win in the opening 10 games. Defense is holding up well enough but we have been very poor at finishing up the other end of the park. I'm hopeful that with Carcary stepping down from the seniors and signing for us, that might change, but we'll see!

Cumnock at home this Saturday if the weather holds up. I'm actually home this weekend so will take this one in, if it's on.

You lot should have listened to me a few years ago when I was telling you to follow the example set by the Clydebank fans ;)

Surely you do not believe this?

It was a huge f*&kup by whoever wrote the original statement...interestingly I wonder if the liquidators will chase this money given it was Rangers that had the boy for more time than the new The Rangers.

Although I think it's more compliated than that as did Rangers not have to buy Murray park players off a third party, who also were liquidated..what a mess

Of course he does , he's a moron!.

Rangers tried to appease their dwindling support by lying about their favourite subject (not being a new club)

And made a complete c**t of themselves.

Burke was one of the stars of a show made about Murray Park.

Your Chairman made a bold statement telling parents that they should think long and hard about where their kids should go. The facts actually don't back up what he is implying. Rangers youngsters have gone on to be far more successful in recent years and the latest Scotland squad shows this quite clearly.

Of the players you mentioned very few came through the youth ranks at United. Ryan Gauld for example was at Brechin. Robertson at celtic / Queens Park and i cant be bothered checking through the rest.

Wee Burke was at celtic as a youngster but signed for Rangers at a very early age. Dylan McGeoch did the same thing the other way being at Rangers before moving to the other side.

Clearly Charlie Telfer didnt agree, things have changed massively since you had McGregor and Hutton coming through, MASSIVELY.... :lol::thumsup2

Derek Carcary at Clydebank!!!!

Thats a shame but if he is anything like the pkayer he was he ll be a standout at that level

It's the one position for me that the difference in quality between the lower leagues and the top end of the juniors is easily noticeable. An average lower league striker can be good for 30 a season in the juniors, when it's not usually the case the other way around. From the highlights I have seen, we create plenty of chances and just don't take them. Hopefully he'll do a job.

Seems to have been a bit of a journeyman since leaving Rangers as a youngster, though I was told his job and the shifts it entails have made that a bit of a necessity. We'll see.

So, boys and girls, today we've learnt:

1. Dundee United used to send their youth squad up chimneys.

2. The rangers like to keep their fans onside by peddling the same club myth - until there's a whiff of mendacity that m'learneds could get their teeth into.

3. Moses McNeil and Davie Cooper are still waiting to see who won the vote.

Burke was one of the stars of a show made about Murray Park.

Your Chairman made a bold statement telling parents that they should think long and hard about where their kids should go. The facts actually don't back up what he is implying. Rangers youngsters have gone on to be far more successful in recent years and the latest Scotland squad shows this quite clearly.

Of the players you mentioned very few came through the youth ranks at United. Ryan Gauld for example was at Brechin. Robertson at celtic / Queens Park and i cant be bothered checking through the rest.

Wee Burke was at celtic as a youngster but signed for Rangers at a very early age. Dylan McGeoch did the same thing the other way being at Rangers before moving to the other side.

Gauld joined United in 2006 from Brechin's youth team when he was around 11 years old so he has come through a few of our youth ranks.

Hard to judge how good Lewis Mcleod is he hasn't played against any decent sides yet

He has played against 3 teams from the top division this season and scored the winning goal in 2 of the 3 Matches

I didn't claim you said "poverty stricken". Had I done so, I'd have quoted you with the appropriate punctuation. Allowing a little licence for the use of hyperbole as a rhetorical device however, it's very clearly what you were implying, by referring to the type of car he drove. I'm not going to defend Dundee United's employment practices from the period, but it was inaccurate to very clearly imply as you did, that Ferguson earned only peanuts when he played for them.

If what you say about £80k is true then he was on around £1600 per week.

For a £2m player, that's peanuts.

Surely you do not believe this?

It was a huge f*&kup by whoever wrote the original statement...interestingly I wonder if the liquidators will chase this money given it was Rangers that had the boy for more time than the new The Rangers.

Although I think it's more compliated than that as did Rangers not have to buy Murray park players off a third party, who also were liquidated..what a mess

The statement was for once actually very well thought out, we get a dig at United and even though it's been removed, it's still out there being spoken about.

Almost Lieswellesque in it's craftyness....

The statement was for once actually very well thought out, we get a dig at United and even though it's been removed, it's still out there being spoken about.

Almost Lieswellesque in it's craftyness....

I don't think it was well thought out nor a dig, pretty sure it was the usual mess from The Rangers we've come to expect from them....hearing from that well known blogger that it was BDO threatening The Rangers to change it, sounds plausible, my wondering still stands re BDO maybe chasing the Dundee united money for Rangers creditors

If what you say about £80k is true then he was on around £1600 per week.

For a £2m player, that's peanuts.

Pretty fucking big peanuts over twenty years ago.

That would be around £3k a week today.

Transfer fee would be around £3.6m

I don't think it was well thought out nor a dig, pretty sure it was the usual mess from The Rangers we've come to expect from them....hearing from that well known blogger that it was BDO threatening The Rangers to change it, sounds plausible, my wondering still stands re BDO maybe chasing the Dundee united money for Rangers creditors

If BDO were involved then the proper media would have picked up on it, said blogger is (like us) just guessing.

Archived