Charlie Telfer

A strange move by united considering back in June they were quite happy to claim that Rangers only had two years history. Yet now they are disputing ever saying this...

"Youve only got two years of history.

Dundee United have pushed relations with Rangers to breaking point. They have declared: Youve only got two years of history.

Tannadice chairman Stephen Thompson delivered the incendiary put-down to Light Blues Chief Executive Graham Wallace in negotiations over youngster Charlie Telfer.

Rangers wanted £175,000 to £200,000 in compensation for the development of the player from the age 12 to 18.

But United countered with £50,000, arguing only the time since the 2012 liquidation of the Ibrox club is relevant.

Thats infuriated the Govan outfit, who squashed talks to await the verdict of an independent panel early next season"

http://www.sundaypost.com/sport/football/dundee-utd-blast-for-rangers-in-transfer-row-1.410939

Sunday Post lol etc etc.

Am I doing this right?

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Duncan Ferguson was on a pittance and turned up at Ibrox in a second hand Ford Fiesta to sign after being sold for £4 million!!

In the year before he joined Rangers, Duncan Ferguson earned over £80,000 at Dundee United.

He obviously raised his wages by joining Rangers and his earnings beforehand, owed much to bonuses. It's silly to claim he was poverty stricken at Tannadice though. For a very young man over twenty years ago, he was on decent money.

In the year before he joined Rangers, Duncan Ferguson earned over £80,000 at Dundee United. He obviously raised his wages by joining Rangers and his earnings beforehand, owed much to bonuses. It's silly to claim he was poverty stricken at Tannadice though. For a very young man over twenty years ago, he was on decent money.

Can I have a link to this,cheers.

More money for the Spivs..170,000 quid Scottish football will never see again, tribunal should really have taken this into account dealing with the thieving blue scum tribute act.

Even a blind squirrel...

You've actually got a point there - remember how we were told all about the money the old mob brought into the game? How much of the last couple of years' ST sales, the IPO money, and whatever PATG money they've accrued has just, well, vanished?

Is there any particular reason why the United players you quote only go back to 2011 (Goodwillie), whereas the Old rangers players you quote go back to 2008 (Hutton)?

ETA. Maybe, just maybe United did not sell any players between the years 2008 and 2011? No doubt, you will inform me.

I didn't quote the United players. I was replying to a specific list from another poster

In the year before he joined Rangers, Duncan Ferguson earned over £80,000 at Dundee United. He obviously raised his wages by joining Rangers and his earnings beforehand, owed much to bonuses. It's silly to claim he was poverty stricken at Tannadice though. For a very young man over twenty years ago, he was on decent money.

Go back and show me where i said he was poverty stricken. :rolleyes:

Duncan Ferguson was one in a long line of United Youngsters who signed long term contracts for a ridiculously low basic wage. United were among the worst offenders when it came to exploiting promising youngsters but it was down to clubs like this that the rules were changed to protect promising young professional footballers.

You want someone to f**k off because you cant counter their argument...

Very much the facist you eh...

Aww Wee Fergus is hurting tonight. Nearly as much as hbqc...all that time and effort put into the 'yer no Rangers anymore'...All for nothing :lol:

Archived