Charlie Telfer

It isn't actually a development fee though is it? They essentially judge the value of the player and arrange compensation, just like an Andy Webster type move.

I have no idea, infact I couldn't give two fucks, really. just thought, if any truth based in the tweet then it was very funny.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Hutton had his short loan spell with us a few season ago, he was outstanding. I understand he has had injuries the past couple of seasons, but at Rangers he's playing a shite style of football, if he even gets to play.

He didn't have the big time attitude that most other OF loan players possess, although he was surrounded by hard working young players who probably got the best out of him. Yet another wasted talent, oops.

Wouldn't say he was outstanding tbh. Thought he filled a hole in midfield and did ok, but didn't really seem anything special.

Wouldn't say he was outstanding tbh. Thought he filled a hole in midfield and did ok, but didn't really seem anything special.

Agreed.

We had Kal Naismith and Darren Cole that season too.

It isn't actually a development fee though is it? They essentially judge the value of the player and arrange compensation, just like an Andy Webster type move.

For an 18yo with no league starts, it will be a development fee. The fee will be £58,000.

For an 18yo with no league starts, it will be a development fee. The fee will be £58,000.

Having looked at the rules (page 43-48), it seems we might get both. Compensation AND a development contribution.

I can't see anything which says we don't get both. Otherwise you can get any under 23 for £10k as long as they've been at their club less than a year.

So, going by those rules, Rangers get an £18,000 developement fee at the most, considering the Company that owned Telfer was only in the SPFL lower leagues for 2 seasons.

Very reasonable compo offer by Thompson if true.

I think most of us are to be fair, from what I saw of Telfer last season then he was certainly worth a shout, especially with Macleod out and Law`s inconsistancy, the fact we never gave him a chance in the 3rd tier of Scottish football in a league we won by 40 points was inexcusable.

Not me..Good luck to the lad but was never going to be a regular in the Rangers team as he wasn't good enough and wasn't even a standout in the under 20 team...Player like Gallagher,McLeod,Aird,Ramsay and probably Murdoch were way ahead of him. Crawford is also way ahead of him

Hemmings was given chances at Ibrox but never did it. There is a huge difference between playing for Rangers and playing at Cowdenbeath. He has done well for himself at Cowdenbeath and i hope he goes on to have a successful career but his form at Rangers was disappointing.. It seems fashionable to blame our coaching staff at the moment. Not sure that is the case with this lad though

The fact is, the SFA who govern the game in this country maintain "Newco" Rangers to be a continuation of "Oldco" Rangers. Whether Dundee United like it or not, they're going to have to abide by that ruling and pay the appropriate compensation.

Just like Setanta did?

Funnily enough the SFA do not preside over Setanta. They do however have authority over Dundee United.

Was Uniteds chairman on the SFA's board when they ruled that it was the same club?

I think he has set himself up for an embarrassing ASA type episode myself.

Anyone looking for an example of someone setting themselves up for embarrassment, check out Little Grasp's recent contributions on the BRALT. :lol:

Archived