will the pars see out the season

Topic Originator: buffy

Date: Wed 28 May 19:18

Next item

Ross McArthur - three sections, he will cover where we are effectively since he took the club over, david mccmorrine will cover the challenge and bob garmory will look at the next season.

Questions from the floor - and from here if you would like to ask just post thanks.

Ross :

Some of it is covered at Pars United AGM

Made good progress to date but more work to make it a viable business. Relying on good will of volunteers. Strategy for success - shared with all stakeholders, enhanced matchday experience, making planning decisions based on scottish football, can be hard. Transparency and communication with fans, weekly, with the ecxeption of pitreavie - close to a resolution but need to conclude that fairly rapidly - financial side - raised an additional £66k - discussions taking place home and abroad with fans re financial help - thanking Marvyn for her day to day hard work.

Close to £96k put aside for the coming season - to retain the full time status. The club is operating on a cash basis as what happened in the past; a few problems with the credit sale but agreement is now in place - they wont release the cash up front but on a day to day basis. 388 season tickets have been paid by cash and cheque which has been fantastic. Budget this year is 1600 inc season tickets for rennie and jock stein.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have £250k in the bank account, that was confirmed on Wednesday night at the Supporters Council meeting. £190k came from the Rangers cup tie, £66k came from investments via shares into Pars United since they took over.

think not burty

its 96k

400k less than last year

Thanks for your kind words. We will be pumping you pre season, at least you'll get to see us again soon.

Good stuff, hadn't heard. Is Sammy the Tammy out on parole yet?

You're not very good at comprehension are you?

Probably best to ignore the troll tbh. Burty is far closer to the actual figures than his constant swinging and missing.

think not burty

its 96k

400k less than last year

Yes I saw that too but I think it's a mistype as I heard Ross McArthur say at the meeting that there was £250k in the Pars United bank account and where that money came from. I wouldn't have posted the figure if I wasn't 100% sure what I heard and where the money had came from - £190k from the Rangers cup game plus £66k from investments is currently in the Pars United bank account.

never mind whether or not the pars will see out the season the question we should all be asking is will ron see out the year and judging by the size of the gut on him and the amount of lager he knocks back the future looks grim for him

#prayforron

Yes I saw that too but I think it's a mistype as I heard Ross McArthur say at the meeting that there was £250k in the Pars United bank account and where that money came from. I wouldn't have posted the figure if I wasn't 100% sure what I heard and where the money had came from - £190k from the Rangers cup game plus £66k from investments is currently in the Pars United bank account.

Burty, you're correct mate.

pars united said the other night re 96 thousand

70% football debts still due

nearly all admin fees(jackson) are still due

rent now being pid on stadium

You never see ron. & dryhoarce in the same thread....

so 600k at start of last season,now 250k left

so loss of 350k last season(540k loss if we hadnt got rangers in the cup)

christ thats more than masterton lost in the last few years

so 600k at start of last season,now 250k left

so loss of 350k last season(540k loss if we hadnt got rangers in the cup)

christ thats more than masterton lost in the last few years

Wrong.

put the right figures up then

I have better things to do than entertaining a bitter Rangers troll.

You'll find the right figures if you look beyond the figures that you're cherry picking.

Ron does not understand business, finances or strategy.

Whatever we have in bank now, add that to our predicted ticket sales + sponsorship + centenary lifeline + fundraising = BUDGET for SEASON to spend now on building our squad who will be paid prudently each month.

Capeesh?

Ron does not understand business, finances or strategy.

Whatever we have in bank now, add that to our predicted ticket sales + sponsorship + centenary lifeline + fundraising = BUDGET for SEASON to spend now on building our squad who will be paid prudently each month.

Capeesh?

numbers?

Unfortunately I can't find my paperwork but I'll try from the information that is readily available. As you can see from the accounts up to 31/05/13 our balance was

-£17.3million

http://www.dafc.co.uk/staticFiles/3b/c1/0,,10288~180539,00.pdf

Quite a lot less than what the bitter Rangers troll is saying.

Thankfully this has been written off.

If ron bothered to turn up to one of the many, many, many open meetings that Pars United have (most recently last Wednesday) he will have heard that Pars United have around 0.5 million in the bank with nearly £20K coming in per month via the Centenary Club Lifeline, potentially more if more people sign up. Sponsorship deals with Purvis and Macklin bring in £60K, season ticket sales, Marv's shop (which has made 28K in total so far), and other fundraisers will also bring more money into the club.

£96K of the budget has been earmarked for maintaining full-time status.

Unfortunately, there are more people who have either lost their job or had their hours viciously cut as the club look to bring in volunteers rather than paid staff.

Not sure how to state this without looking like an arrogant cock but I am one of the patrons (albeit the one with the least number of shares) so ron's scaremongering has no effect as it's likely he's got the same number of shares as number of times he's been at East End Park.

Archived