The Accies 2014/2015 Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have my doubts that Scotland has the legs to play at this level anymore, certainly not for 90 mins. Hopefully this move is more for his coaching skills rather than a quick fix for MAC leaving. Scott McDonald is a free agent after being released from his Millwall contract and has been a proven goalscorer throughout his career. Obviously he'd need to take a significant drop in wages to come to Accies but the same could probably have beeen said for Jason when he 1st arrived. He's still only 31 and the offer of regular 1st team football might interest him. Thoughts?

I have my doubts that Scotland has the legs to play at this level anymore, certainly not for 90 mins. Hopefully this move is more for his coaching skills rather than a quick fix for MAC leaving. Scott McDonald is a free agent after being released from his Millwall contract and has been a proven goalscorer throughout his career. Obviously he'd need to take a significant drop in wages to come to Accies but the same could probably have beeen said for Jason when he 1st arrived. He's still only 31 and the offer of regular 1st team football might interest him. Thoughts?

I think the reason we didn't see more of Jason this season was because MAC was doing well and lasting a full 90. We can still get 70 minutes from Jason. I'd put him straight in on Saturday.

BBC Gossip says we have ex-Accie Ryan Finnie on trial.

Any good?

He was outstanding for us when we won the playoffs, I think he was only 16/17 then as well which makes it all the more remarkable. Saw him play very well for the Scotland U17s when they played at the BBS too. Haven't seen him play since 2012 though!

Jason Scotland back at Accies till the end of the season !!

Damn

Just saw that there. Seems like a bit a panic buy imo. Soz Sonsteam of '08

:(

Not going to lie I'm pretty upset. He had all the makings of a cult hero.

Fancy making up for it by sending Brophy on loan 'til the end of the season? I know we were interested in him pre-Christmas but he got himself into Neil's plans.

I think the reason we didn't see more of Jason this season was because MAC was doing well and lasting a full 90. We can still get 70 minutes from Jason. I'd put him straight in on Saturday.

He's nowhere near as mobile as MAC though. If we're continuing to play the same formation with a lone striker we need someone that has plenty movement off the ball and is willing to chase down loose balls and press the opposition defence. Scotland as good a finisher as he is just does have the legs for this anymore. Hope I'm wrong!

... :(

Not going to lie I'm pretty upset. He had all the makings of a cult hero.

Fancy making up for it by sending Brophy on loan 'til the end of the season? I know we were interested in him pre-Christmas but he got himself into Neil's plans.

I'd genuinely like to see him go to the Championship as he needs game time but I don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet. Our strikers have been shit recently though so he'll be staying put.

Seems like a few rumours re players unhappy at Canzo being in charge are bouncing around. I heard something along those lines from a certain player's cousin. I'm sure they're all playing their best for him though.

Seems like a few rumours re players unhappy at Canzo being in charge are bouncing around. I heard something along those lines from a certain player's cousin. I'm sure they're all playing their best for him though.

this is not good even if they are just rumours, we don't need more unrest.

Can't think why, is he a dick behind the scenes?

Definitely can't believe MAC thought he would have been a better appointment than canning.

this is not good even if they are just rumours, we don't need more unrest.

Can't think why, is he a dick behind the scenes?

Definitely can't believe MAC thought he would have been a better appointment than canning.

They just don't see him as a manager apparently. Nothing against him as a person.

I'd genuinely like to see him go to the Championship as he needs game time but I don't think he's ready for the Premiership yet. Our strikers have been shit recently though so he'll be staying put.

Taking Scotland back AND keeping Brophy. Sheer selfishness.

I can.

Rather concerning if some players aren't too happy with the appointment. Recent performances would suggest there is some truth to the rumours.

He said, she said! One of the players cousins friends told me to tell you...

As mentioned I don't think anyone has anything against Canning as a person, some just don't see him as management material. A few players have been seemingly baffled by some of his decisions so far resulting in frustration. The personnel hasn't changed in the last few weeks other than Alex. However, the performances, and apparently the application have. I worry, but I believe Canzo deserves a chance. If players don't want to play for them then he should get shot of them and replace them with people who do.

Archived