Will Rangers ever get promoted?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not a blind guess. Rangers are easily the second best in this league and have beaten three teams from the premiership already this season.

Pundit like hubristic prediction. :lol:

Rangers fans making out Scottish football owes them! :lol:

Scottish football owes Rangers nothing..

...but there's no doubt other clubs benefit more from having Celtic and Rangers playing their football in Scotland. Television contracts for example would much reduced and both clubs continuously keep the European coefficient at a respectable level allowing more teams to qualify for European tournaments whilst other Scottish teams have Faroe Island-esque campaigns. Then there's the money clubs earn from the travelling Rangers support whereas last week Falkirk had about 3 fans at Ibrox...

So you're correct, Scottish football doesn't "owe" Rangers, but Rangers competing in Scotland is like swapping £20 for a fiver.

Pundit like hubristic prediction. :lol:

Not quite.

You're quoting a post from March, and I'm sure round about then I was saying Rangers were "currently the best team in the league". :)

But at the end of the day we've finished in third place and must now play 6 matches to secure Premiership status. In the past when Rangers have lost out on Premier League trophies I always reminisce about the cold Wednesday in the highlands where 2 points were dropped, or the game against Dundee United where a late winner was conceded despite dominating the game etc etc....

The mistakes all add up and this term Rangers have dropped an embarrassingly unacceptable amount of points. The games against Alloa, the failure to win against Livingston on two occasions, the defeats to Queen of the South, the 0-0 against Cowdenbeath, the 2-2 and 1-1 matches against Falkirk..... I could continue....

Probably wouldn't have been enough to challenge Hearts as they were very consistent. It wasn't their opponents 'cup final' though and they played a much more open game against the Jambos. But I'm not bitter. :)

...but there's no doubt other clubs benefit more from having Celtic and Rangers playing their football in Scotland. Television contracts for example would much reduced and both clubs continuously keep the European coefficient at a respectable level allowing more teams to qualify for European tournaments whilst other Scottish teams have Faroe Island-esque campaigns. Then there's the money clubs earn from the travelling Rangers support whereas last week Falkirk had about 3 fans at Ibrox...

So you're correct, Scottish football doesn't "owe" Rangers, but Rangers competing in Scotland is like swapping £20 for a fiver.

^^^^^

Poor deluded Orc

I think they might just have enough to negotiate the play offs. I shall look forward to P&B's "Rangers in the Scottish Premiership" section?

Ain't' gonna happen. When (sorry, if) they ever make it to the top league, this section will cease. Read the blurb at the top of the page when you click on "Rangers in the Championship".

Not quite.

You're quoting a post from March, and I'm sure round about then I was saying Rangers were "currently the best team in the league". :)

But at the end of the day we've finished in third place and must now play 6 matches to secure Premiership status. In the past when Rangers have lost out on Premier League trophies I always reminisce about the cold Wednesday in the highlands where 2 points were dropped, or the game against Dundee United where a late winner was conceded despite dominating the game etc etc....

The mistakes all add up and this term Rangers have dropped an embarrassingly unacceptable amount of points. The games against Alloa, the failure to win against Livingston on two occasions, the defeats to Queen of the South, the 0-0 against Cowdenbeath, the 2-2 and 1-1 matches against Falkirk..... I could continue....

Probably wouldn't have been enough to challenge Hearts as they were very consistent. It wasn't their opponents 'cup final' though and they played a much more open game against the Jambos. But I'm not bitter. :)

Let's be clear here.... Rangers are fucking pish :)

I think they might just have enough to negotiate the play offs. I shall look forward to P&B's "Rangers in the Scottish Premiership" section?

If they don't get promoted, could this sub-forum please be renamed "Rangers in the Wilderness"?

Now you see, this is such total shit, but it's clearly resilient shit, because we constantly get treated to it.

You seem to think that as fans, our dearest wish is for our clubs to have as much money in absolute terms as is possible. The reason you think this is because that's what you want for your big club as it'll bestow such advantages on it to ensure it wins most matches and many trophies.

What you fail to grasp however, is that the actual sums our clubs have is much less important than having a more egalitarian game, whereby wealth and the resultant opportunities for success are better shared, however large the sums are.

Rangers' absence from the top flight and Cup Finals (save the Easter Road Ramsden's) has afforded other clubs opportunities for success. That is much, much better than having a few more pounds, while two clubs rather than just one, have colossal advantages.

You failure to grasp this is at the heart of your (and indeed all) claims that other clubs benefit from the presence of the OF.

...but there's no doubt other clubs benefit more from having Rangers playing their football in Scotland.

...or the game against Dundee United where a late winner was conceded despite dominating the game

laugh-crazy-o.gif

Archived