Will Rangers ever get promoted?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Rangers' are about to be handed the perfect opportunity to turn things round - I reckon they'll appoint a genuine football manager this time and with the deadwood gone he should be in a position to either win the Championship or make a fist of the Top Flight.

There will still be 'lols' but I think next season 'Rangers' will get things right on the field.

We'll still be there to remind you all that you let your club die though :P

You could have posted that two and a half years ago, Ned.

I also reckon they could be in a position of playing for top six in the Premiership in a couple of years if they go about things the right way. With that dirty great slum of a "home" of theirs to maintain, though, they'll have to keep the crowds up. And we've seen over many years how the Horde react to not winning every week. As you say, "You let your club die" will still be getting sung across the country when we're all pushing up daisies.

'Rangers' are about to be handed the perfect opportunity to turn things round - I reckon they'll appoint a genuine football manager this time and with the deadwood gone he should be in a position to either win the Championship or make a fist of the Top Flight.

There will still be 'lols' but I think next season 'Rangers' will get things right on the field.

We'll still be there to remind you all that you let your club die though :P

What do you mean by the perfect opportunity? wether we are in the championship or premier division next year , I want to see us build a team and adapt a style of play which works for us . The reality of it is I could not give a shit if celtic manage 8,9, 10 in a row just now , I want to see stability of the pitch and progress on it and this summer regardless of the league is the perfect opportunity to start getting things right on the pitch . However boardroom is as always unpredictable to guess what will happen next

You could have posted that two and a half years ago, Ned.

I also reckon they could be in a position of playing for top six in the Premiership in a couple of years if they go about things the right way. With that dirty great slum of a "home" of theirs to maintain, though, they'll have to keep the crowds up. And we've seen over many years how the Horde react to not winning every week. As you say, "You let your club die" will still be getting sung across the country when we're all pushing up daisies.

I think after a few years in premiership we will be challenging rather than this scraping into a top 6 place talk , this isn't being big headed rangers fan I am just applying common sense and would be saying the exact same thing were celtic in our position at the moment. Rangers IMO need 2,3 maybe 4 years of relative stability , a bit of investment , changing our spending habits to sensible and the chance to make the main focus of the club improving the product on the pitch and I say we will be at least challenging celtic.

Archived