Will Rangers ever get promoted?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They may be shite, but they're nowhere near as shite as you.

Yeh Yeh and St Johnstone are European heavyweights after beating Rosenborg...Ohhh wait we pumped them out the League Cup :lol:

celtic are shite and getting shiter. I agree Rangers are shite but year on year we have been improving and will continue to improve. We will give them a game in the league cup and will certainly give them a far closer challenge in the league next season than they have had in the last few seasons and the season after that i fully expect Rangers to be challenging all the way in the league.

Or maybe you believe Ranges will need to spend £50 million to challenge one of the worst celtic teams in recent history? :lol:

You can smell the triumphalism as the 'return' draws nearer. Nevermind the fact they can't pay next month's wages, they're going to challenging for the title next year.

And let the St Johnstone thing go ffs, it's not the first time someone made an arse of themselves.

Or maybe you believe Ranges will need to spend £50 million to challenge one of the worst celtic teams in recent history? :lol:

At this rate, you'll need to spend most of £50M just to reach the end of the season.

(That's hyperbole, No. 8, so don't bother posting that it's only £2M per month you need.)

At this rate, you'll need to spend most of £50M just to reach the end of the season.

(That's hyperbole, No. 8, so don't bother posting that it's only £2M per month you need.)

Wtf is he spending £2m a month on?

i dont care when, how or if it happens but the next time rangers are crowned champions of the premierl league will create perhaps the biggest variety of meltdowns the site has witnessed. posting will probably only consist of me , tedi, bennet, no8, snafu, redrob and youngsy for a few weeks :lol:

i dont care when, how or if it happens but the next time rangers are crowned champions of the premierl league will create perhaps the biggest variety of meltdowns the site has witnessed. posting will probably only consist of me , tedi, bennet, no8, snafu, redrob and youngsy for a few weeks :lol:

How so?

I couldn't give a f**k which set of gloryhunting/bigoted losers wins the league tbh.

I will be soooooooo raging.

Oh wait, no. I'll not give two shits.

Still Aberdeenbud saying a lot without saying anything at all. I have asked what part of my post you disagreed with and why.

Here is a summary of what i have said...

1- celtic will lose Van Dick in January if they get a decent offer. Oh and while i remember...Commons will go as well if they get an offer.

2- City will recall Guidetti if Dzeko is out for any length of time.

3- celtic are a shadow of the team they were 3 or 4 years. They will continue to sell their better players to the EPL/Championship

4- Rangers will give celtic a game in the league cup. I have already said i expect celtic to win but it wont be the 6,7,8-0 it could have been 2 years ago.

5- Rangers have improved year on year and will continue to improve the playing staff starting this January and all your greeting and wailing is not going to change that.

6- Rangers will be in a position to give celtic a far stiffer challenge than they have over the last 3 seasons.

7- Oh and this one is for the country bumpkin. You were falling over yourself a few short days ago telling us all how great it was for Rangers that Ashley now had control and how the club would grow under his stewardship...Now anybody posting something positive about Rangers has to be drunk

You have them lining up already to tell us all how not raging they will be :thumsup2

No.55 will be the sweetest of them all ;)

Hello *waves to No8*

What did I miss?

It was just this thread seems to have gone the way of the BRALT but remains open...I am still huffing the thread i had started to get away from the BRALT had been shut....TWICE!! :thumbsdown:thumbsdown

Still Aberdeenbud saying a lot without saying anything at all. I have asked what part of my post you disagreed with and why.

Here is a summary of what i have said...

1- celtic will lose Van Dick in January if they get a decent offer. Oh and while i remember...Commons will go as well if they get an offer.

2- City will recall Guidetti if Dzeko is out for any length of time.

3- celtic are a shadow of the team they were 3 or 4 years. They will continue to sell their better players to the EPL/Championship

4- Rangers will give celtic a game in the league cup. I have already said i expect celtic to win but it wont be the 6,7,8-0 it could have been 2 years ago.

5- Rangers have improved year on year and will continue to improve the playing staff starting this January and all your greeting and wailing is not going to change that.

6- Rangers will be in a position to give celtic a far stiffer challenge than they have over the last 3 seasons.

7- Oh and this one is for the country bumpkin. You were falling over yourself a few short days ago telling us all how great it was for Rangers that Ashley now had control and how the club would grow under his stewardship...Now anybody posting something positive about Rangers has to be drunk

Yes and despite all of this, and some of it being doubtful(do you know terms of Guidetti's loan, will NewcoRangers spend more money in January when they're financial dire straights), NewcoRangers remain a pretty average side managed by an inept buffoon. You're not even top of the Championship and you can't even win the Diddy cup ffs, talk about misplaced triumphalism.

I don't think Ashley will let you go bust/into admin, but I also don't think he'll have you challenging for league for at least 3-5 years. Celtc will no doubt improve financially and on the pitch with the return of the hate fest and other associated profiteering from sectarianism.

To be fair I do not really see any triumphalism, just reality of what the situation is.

The team we have is more than capable of competing in the premiership with a few minor changes, celtic are getting shittier and will have to cut their wage bill next season (or go into debt to fund it), I am not sure of what will happen in the LC but the very fact that I am not sure tells me the gap is not as big as it was, Yes, Rangers are running at a loss and yes it seems like Ashley seems to be intent in lending considerable amounts of money to fund what ever his plan is, so far, everything he has done at Newcastle, he has done at Rangers, none of us will ever know what his plan is, this is the way he operates, so far he has done very little to get the fans back on board although it does look like he has dropped his demands on the naming rights.

None of this reality makes me particularly happy, but it is what it is.

Oh, I've no doubt you'll be 'back' sooner rather than later at the top of the league, but next season with McCoist in charge?

I agree you seem to be improving being challenged and facing tougher opposition regularly, but talk of challenging for the title next year is fanciful at best imo.

Archived