Premier League 2014/15

banana

They still looked disjointed more often than not aswell. I think it can work, if you're filled with pacey energetic players and you play a counter attacking style. For teams trying to dominate games its completely pointless as its easy to defend against.

No I agree with that, just saying it did work ok for them. The thing with 3-5-2, is you need to either be countering like you say, cause it allows better defensive cover and if you hit quickly it's effective. Or using it as a primarily defensive formation.

Dominating games doesn't work unless you give the centre backs license to move forward, which United can't do for obvious reasons. It's predictable, ball out to full back, etc.

United would be more effective as a 4-2-3-1, would still provide the width they need, almost fits all their stars and the fullbacks can bomb forward knowing Blind or Carrick are sitting.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not necessarily. Dominating games works whatever tactics are used on the day that outfoxes the opposition. Its not necessarily dependent on centre halfs having licence to move forward.

That's not what I was saying. I'm saying that's how to dominate a game playing 3-5-2 as then you've got other runners to worry about. I'm not saying you should be having your 2 centre backs up the pitch when playing a flat back four. :lol:

Mystery why Falcao is being rested for this as would be a threat.

Thank f**k for that. Southampton score.

Because Van Gaal seems to think playing with three centre halves when none are good is better than playing three outstanding forwards

Archived