Premier League 2014/15

banana

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wenger has apparently always been a fan of Welbeck. I think it's a good move for both. Both Arsenal and Liverpool would have been good fits for Welbeck.

When you think Balotelli (I know wages but still) was the same price and available - Liverpool got the better end of that.

I think that Welbeck will be a good signing for Arsenal. I'm not saying he'll start banging in 20+ goals a season but I think he'll progress well. £16million does seem a bit steep, especially when you compare it to a player like Balotelli. But Arsenal are likely to get more from Welbeck eventually, can only really see Balotelli staying for a few years at the most. It's a good signing I think because so often Arsenal play their passes across the midfield, into Giroud back out wide, into midfield and repeat. They really struggle for penetration and when teams get the ball back they can get caught out. Welbeck will move in behind a bit more often and this can allow the midfielders to play off him in a different way. Provides a good option off the bench if Giroud's starting upon his return too and he could also fill in out wide. Performances such as the one away to Real Madrid a couple of years ago makes me think there's a valuable player in there.

Regarding Borini's wage demands, I think he made it quite clear previously that he wants to stay and fight for a game at Liverpool so he's obviously looking for a massive deal to take him from there. It's a shame that he doesn't want to go out and play football but I suppose that's the way it is.

Source?

Although, given you couldn't even remember the players name I'm really not expecting much.

No response? Quelle surprise. Don't think we'll be seeing HB for a while.

Have never understood P&B's trashing of Welbeck. While not an elite level striker along the lines of Suarez and Costa, he's a very tidy striker that will do a good job for an Arsenal that either can't attract or are unwilling to pay out for one of those top tier guys. Good business for 16m given the current market.

No response? Quelle surprise. Don't think we'll be seeing HB for a while.

Sorry, hadn't seen that earlier - here you go.

Slim Charles :-

"He's going to be a comfortably better player than Walcott, as the years grace him.

You :-

You're right about Gnabry, looks an excellent prospect. By the time Walcott returns he may have lost his place entirely.

And then (nothing to do with Gnabry but still highly amusing and worth a repeat :-

What the discussion should be around is that Walcott, at £100,000 a week relative to his peers, is a shocking piece of business for Arsenal. He'd not get close to that anywhere else, and he would be around £70,000 like James Milner were he at around club.

You are welcome :)

You have to be joking.

Who was the guy Arsenal played on the wing a couple of times who Supras and pals said was already better than Theo Walcott?

That was funny

Sorry, hadn't seen that earlier - here you go.

Slim Charles :-

You :-

And then (nothing to do with Gnabry but still highly amusing and worth a repeat :-

You are welcome :)

Right, so I absolutely didn't say he was already better than Walcott - thanks for clearing that up.

"Hadn't seen that" - oooft, I fear that's yet another lie :( . Oh well, at least you exposed it yourself rather than me having to do it.

Right, so I absolutely didn't say he was already better than Walcott - thanks for clearing that up.

"Hadn't seen that" - oooft, I fear that's yet another lie :( . Oh well, at least you exposed it yourself rather than me having to do it.

You said by the time Walcott returned he'd have lost his place to Gnabry.

Walcott is due back in a few weeks now.

I'm guessing he's lost his place to Gnabry as you predicted?

You said by the time Walcott returned he'd have lost his place to Gnabry.

No I didn't - you are lying again.

I don't particularly know which word of my quote you are having trouble with, is it the "prospect", the "may" perhaps? Lets us know, it's the only way I can help you understand what is actually quite a simple point.

No I didn't - you are lying again.

I don't particularly know which word of my quote you are having trouble with, is it the "prospect", the "may" perhaps? Lets us know, it's the only way I can help you understand what is actually quite a simple point.

Mmmm...

So when you said " By the time Walcott returns he may have lost his place entirely." you didn't actually mean " By the time Walcott returns he may have lost his place entirely."?

Have you got any other things that you don't think will happen that you would like to say may happen?

When both are fit, who will play - Walcott or Gnabry?

Mmmm...

So when you said " By the time Walcott returns he may have lost his place entirely." you didn't actually mean " By the time Walcott returns he may have lost his place entirely."?

No, I absolutely did meant that. I meant exactly what I said. What has happened is that you dived in, got a quote wrong, and are now trying to pretend I said Gnabry is a better player than Walcott - even though it is so clearly obvious I never said this at any point whatsoever. It's quite funny though, please keep it up. Do you actually think you are fooling anyone? Are you even fooling yourself?

Have you got any other things that you don't think will happen that you would like to say may happen?

wut?

When both are fit, who will play - Walcott or Gnabry?

I dunno. It depends on where Wenger thinks Gnabry is in his development, and where he thinks Walcott is in his recovery. If Walcott has lost a substantial amount of pace then I think his place would be very much under peril, to Gnabry and others. I have no idea what condition he will return in.

As for Gnabry, he does appear to be an excellent prospect, and others seem to agree with a European Golden Boy nomination and a new 5 year contract around the same time as my post.

But of course, this shouldn't distract from you fabricating a quote and desperately back peddling. The only sure way out is to admit you got it wrong. It's never too late for that.

was thinking that after 28 pages this is the first H_B vs Supras ding dong of the new season

If he keeps fabricating quotes then they're all going to be embarrassing one round knockouts I'm afraid.

Archived