Heart of Midlothian 2014-

33 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

I’m going to feel like I’m having a go at Mother Theresa here.... but here goes. I expect to see us attack everybody at home and nearly everybody away. You need the right kind of attacking full/wing backs to do that. Smith, for all his defensive plus points (MOTM v Celtic 4-0) just isn’t that. Off the top of my head , apart from Celtic and Rangers - for obvious reasons - Aberdeen, Hibs, Killie, Motherwell, Ross Co all have better equipped right backs. Could even make an argument for Foster at StJ ? Leaves St Mirren Dundee and Hamilton - maybe because I can’t think who theirs are.

He gets an easy ride because of his good attitude but he is a big part of why we were so turgid last year. Year before it was partly camouflaged by Demi’s attacking ( but admittedly iffy defending) down the left.

Some people like to get on board the great big Levein Oot bandwagon. I’m off on my own wee personal Smith Oot bandwagon.

Did Smith pump your wife?

Could even make an argument for Foster at StJ ?

You could make an argue if you wanted but I’d be disappointed if you weren’t laughed at for it. Foster is and always has been fucking minging.

Year before it was partly camouflaged by Demi’s attacking ( but admittedly iffy defending) down the left.

By the same token Demi’s iffy defending was partly camouflaged by the fact that the rest of that back four were solid.

Given the choice of defensively sound fullbacks or cavalier attacking fullbacks I prefer to have one of each.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

By the same token Demi’s iffy defending was partly camouflaged by the fact that the rest of that back four were solid.

Given the choice of defensively sound fullbacks or cavalier attacking fullbacks I prefer to have one of each.

Demi got plenty of stick for not being solid enough. But St Michael doesn't get any stick for being too dull. Except from me, of course.

I’m a big fan of Smith.

Generally you either have a full back who is great going forward and can’t defend or a solid defender who offers little attacking threat. That’s not just at our level but all over.

A guy who can do both is worth his weight in gold, or in other words Andy Roberston.

3 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I suppose it stands to reason that a black shirt would be liked by a bunch of fascists.

:lol:

Don't know where you're getting that from mate - the uniforms we wear at Klan meetings are white.

Not as cool as those brown shirts we wore in the '30s, mind. 

Demi got plenty of stick for not being solid enough. But St Michael doesn't get any stick for being too dull. Except from me, of course.

I sit near some of the grumpiest loudmouth arseholes in Scotland and I can’t remember Mitchell getting more stick than anybody else.

Generally the “too dull”, “stop knocking it about”, “get it forward for fucks sake” rants are directed at Levein

Still if you enjoy focusing all your annoyance on an individual Hearts Right back that’s fine

I used to really enjoy hating Gary Locke

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I sit near some of the grumpiest loudmouth arseholes in Scotland and I can’t remember Mitchell getting more stick than anybody else.

Generally the “too dull”, “stop knocking it about”, “get it forward for fucks sake” rants are directed at Levein

Still if you enjoy focusing all your annoyance on an individual Hearts Right back that’s fine

I used to really enjoy hating Gary Locke

You underestimate the depth of my annoyance reservoir, Top Cat. Last season I had plenty left over for Levein, McLean and Djoum

This was the result of the Evening News's poll on the 21st century XI:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-21st-century-xi-the-best-line-up-as-chosen-by-readers-revealed-1-4967250

Niemi 

Paterson - Pressley - Berra - Fyssas

Flogel - Hartley - Cameron -Skacel 

Jankauskas - De Vries

Touch choice between Niemmi and Gordon - Pressley can f**k off - doubt we'll see players of the calibre of Fyssas, Skacel or Jankauskas in a Hearts jersey again.

Delighted to see Flogel named, as I liked him very much.

Harsh on big Neil McFarlane and, of course...Michael Smith. 

You underestimate the depth of my annoyance reservoir, Top Cat. Last season I had plenty left over for Levein, McLean and Djoum

I think everyone was annoyed about how much game time McLean got last season

Steven McLean was probably annoyed about how much game time McLean got last season

6 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Don't know where you're getting that from mate - the uniforms we wear at Klan meetings are white.

We kinda gave that up after we signed Ikpeazu didn’t we not?