• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Jambo Stu

Heart of Midlothian Season 2018/2019

10 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

oh don't you worry, I have, nearly three years hence.

Of course you have.

I hope your job doesn't require you to be convincing.

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I’ve no idea who he is but his name sounds like a 1970s private eye working the mean streets of Harlem.

So it’s a yes from me

Hes virtually a younger Connor Sammon, except Sammon has a better "goal per game" in this division...

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You lot are apparently after Curtis Main :lol:

He bullied us out the cup last season but I'm sure he has about 3 goals this term and Motherwell fans want rid. 

We need wingers not another battering ram. 

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

He bullied us out the cup last season but I'm sure he has about 3 goals this term and Motherwell fans want rid. 

We need wingers not another battering ram. 

Aye, 3 in 30 in the league and only 1 since the start of December.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Came in as a replacement for Louis Moult and hit a purple patch with goals in his first few months. He absolutely ragdolled McKenna & Arnason, as well as scoring a double, in last season's SC Semi at Hampden, in one of my favourite performances from a Motherwell striker in a long, long time. 

It simply hasn't worked for him this season.  He gets a bit of stick from Motherwell fans, though some of it a hit harsh IMO. Does a lot of unselfish work up top on his own, and did create a lot of space for Hastie, Turnbull & Ariyibi when we went through a good spell.  

He's not as good at the "battering ram" stuff as big Uche, but he's a better footballer.  Still, I can't see too many fans being chuffed at signing a no.9 who doesn't score goals. 

That's Aberdeen and now Hearts linked with him. His agent is playing well to be fair.  Would be amazed if he ends up at either.  

On 14/04/2019 at 08:50, RandomGuy. said:
Hes virtually a younger Connor Sammon, except Sammon has a better "goal per game" in this division...

I’ve since seen a photo of him and established that I’d hopelessly miscast him as a maverick PI working the ‘hood that plays by his own rules

Instead he should be in “Tea for two” in an ITV2 sitcom about Tearoom in Scarborough run by an eccentric old lady and her idiot grandson

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This is all too believable - fits Levein's MO perfectly. 

Am I alone in thinking Keena deserves a chance ? Shows enough guile around the box - and critically, a willingness to shoot . What the budget doesn’t need is more, expensive 3-year-deal punts on players who will block the progression of young players already on the books. Team Levein’s judgements on forwards has been poor.

Am I alone in thinking Keena deserves a chance ? Shows enough guile around the box - and critically, a willingness to shoot . What the budget doesn’t need is more, expensive 3-year-deal punts on players who will block the progression of young players already on the books. Team Levein’s judgements on forwards has been poor.

Keena started on Saturday and got half an hour against both Hibs and Rangers. I’m not sure he’s shown enough to get much more than that but he’s only 19 and we’ve 5 ‘meaningless’ league games coming up so hopefully he features a fair bit in these. Certainly rather see him featuring than start Shagger Maclean (we know what we’re getting) and Vanecek who’s done f**k all but eat it seems.

Chris Cadden has been contacted apparently. Motherwell will want to keep him but whatever happens happens, would love it if he signed.

Peter Haring has had more game time than any other outfield player this season and he had a hernia operation this season.

That basically sums up how shitty this season has been for injuries

5 hours ago, Navallion said:

Chris Cadden has been contacted apparently. Motherwell will want to keep him but whatever happens happens, would love it if he signed.

Considering Hastie will cost £400k in compensation, you could assume Cadden would be over £600k.

51 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering Hastie will cost £400k in compensation, you could assume Cadden would be over £600k.

Aye. £600k was the figure quoted in compensation when we patched the £100k offer from Hearts a couple of seasons ago.

"When a boy can walk out of a club when his contract runs out for £600,000 compensation, the offer of £100,000, well, let’s just say, we’ll move on very quickly because it’s nowhere near what we would consider."

Edit: Using Lewis Ferguson as a benchmark (rather than what Hastie might cost) he went from Accies to Aberdeen for £238k. He'd been at Accies 5 years and played 14 first team games. Cadden's been at Motherwell 13 years and played almost 140 first team games at Premiership level (plus 12 u21 international caps and 2 full caps).

Edited by capt_oats

I think Hearts could spend that kind of money on the right player.  From what I've seen, which admittedly is limited, I'm not convinced Cadden is the right player.  He doesn't seem to have kicked on from what he threatened to be 12-18 months ago.