Heart of Midlothian 2014-

AberdeenBud, on 06 Jul 2015 - 00:25, said:

Not really, the quotes I found from yer man didn't mention any figure(s) and St Johnstone didn't get a million for May, so pretty much spot on.

So because you couldn't find the quotes after a quick Google search means it's made up? :lol: Not all clubs act like the St Mirren board and sell their best players at a fraction of the value.

I suppose at the end of the day though, Dundee are more than happy with Bain, Hearts are more than happy with Alexander and St Mirren can deal with having Mark Ridgers.

So because you couldn't find the quotes after a quick Google search means it's made up? :lol: Not all clubs act like the St Mirren board and sell their best players at a fraction of the value.

I suppose at the end of the day though, Dundee are more than happy with Bain, Hearts are more than happy with Alexander and St Mirren can deal with having Mark Ridgers.

Not need to get upset Ludo, I'm quite aware of our shortcomings on and off the pitch. Let's just say you have previous, and despite being a decent poster I take any proclamations about your own club with a large pinch.

FWIW I think Bain is an excellent keeper with huge potential but I'd be surprised if Dundee received an offer of over 500k and turned it down and I doubt he'll ever play for Hearts or at least not in the short/medium term.

:lol:

Feel free to tell me why I am wrong. Bain is a good keeper who could become an exceptional keeper but as it stands he's worth less than 500k and your tin pot club wouldn't turn down a bid of that sort.

AberdeenBud, on 06 Jul 2015 - 01:15, said:

Not need to get upset Ludo, I'm quite aware of our shortcomings on and off the pitch. Let's just say you have previous, and despite being a decent poster I take any proclamations about your own club with a large pinch.

FWIW I think Bain is an excellent keeper with huge potential but I'd be surprised if Dundee received an offer of over 500k and turned it down and I doubt he'll ever play for Hearts or at least not in the short/medium term.

Previous? You're talking nonsense now.

I'm pretty certain we'd knock back a 500k offer if we received one right now. He has three years left on his deal and his stock is rising all the time (Which culminated in him getting a call-up - not the greatest achievement when you see the likes of Samson being called up but still a huge mark of progress compared to a year ago today when he was playing part-time football). That may well change in the future - he could have a disastrous season and not be nearly worth what the club values him at - but as of right now, it would take in excess of a million and John Nelms has stated as such.

I doubt he'll play for Hearts as well, we can agree on that at least. Being honest, I think Celtic will try to snap him up whenever/if Craig Gordon gets a move back to the EPL.

Fair enough, we'll just have to agree to disagree. The proof will be in the pudding I guess and even if your board have said that, it doesn't mean they wouldn't accept less when faced with an actual offer. Apart from Utd and Accies with a couple, Scottish Clubs don't seem the best equipped to be getting a decent wedge for their players.

I've also heard this Hamilton kid is something else so hopefully him and Bain push on in what has traditionally been a strong position for Scotland.

I believe Celtic were about to make a bid of 400k when they were first interested in him. It wasn't long after that he signed a new deal with us and we placed the 1 million price tag on him. If he ever does go to Hearts, it won't be for a long time.

post-33542-1436159472986_thumb.jpg

I'm not going to lie and say I've watched Bain or even Mannus much tbh, but I'm happy going into the new season with Alexander and Hamilton.

It seems a good fit for our policy of having young players ready to replace players leaving or getting older. I think Paterson will move on soon and smith is being readied as well.

On Alexander, I'd be suprised if any keeper I the league has better distribution than him. He basically played sweeper last year and suits our style of play.

Feel free to tell me why I am wrong. Bain is a good keeper who could become an exceptional keeper but as it stands he's worth less than 500k and your tin pot club wouldn't turn down a bid of that sort.

Needs less salt, but it does look juicy.

Anyway forgetting about Bain for a second, are there any other Dundee players in their current squad that are good enough to earn a move to Hearts? I'm sure it's an ambition they all carry.

I have a genuine soft spot for Dundee, such a nice, cuddly, friendly, harmless wee club.