Heart of Midlothian 2014-

I never felt Tapping really had a chance to show his ability, his first game was in the league cup semi where he was Holt and Robinson in midfield, two players that allowed him to play his natural role of pushing forward and passing it off the other two. Then McGlynn panicked after the a couple results, thought Tapping had done well and kept him as a midfield partner to Hamill (please note to anyone who signs Hamill, dont play him in midfield.) He was expected to be a ball winner and defensive so it denied him what he is best at, which is the ball at his feet. Thus after praise from the fans, the fans then thought he was offering little. Locke kept it the same for the rest of the season then dropped him.

This season when Holt was originally dropped out as he had a problem of the ball flying over his head rather than played in the middle, Locke put Tapping in and expected a midfield three of Tapping, Robinson and Hamill to just grind it out in midfield and show no creativity.

I think he would suit Falkirk, I think they will use him better and allow him to make forward runs and move the ball around (think he would have been able to do that at Hearts now but can understand the clear out.)

This sounds as though it could have been written for Craig Sibbald...........

1) Rangers

2) Hearts

3) Falkirk

4) The Wee Team

Now you've upset the precious Raith fans. HOW DARE YOU suggest that they won't be in the mix? They've been in this league a long time, know the style of play, etc etc etc...

Now you've upset the precious Raith fans. HOW DARE YOU suggest that they won't be in the mix? They've been in this league a long time, know the style of play, etc etc etc...

Who are raith?

:D

Tapping strikes me as a darling of those wanks who're always saying things like "If you don't appreciate what he brings to the team, you just don't quite understand football on the same level that I do."

Hopefully that tells you all you need to know.

Tapping strikes me as a darling of those wanks who're always saying things like "If you don't appreciate what he brings to the team, you just don't quite understand football on the same level that I do."

Hopefully that tells you all you need to know.

^^^ Doesn't understand football on the same level that I do. IMO

Hartley brought both Tapping and McHattie on loan to Alloa, albeit a couple of years ago now, and Tapping at that time was a little too lightweight and always seemed to need a little extra time on the ball to pick a pass and struggled to get to grips with the pace of some games. He did show flashes of creativity at times and struck me as a confidence type of player. If the game is going well for his team and he's had a few good touches, then he'll probably keep doing it for the full game. If not, then he did become a bit of a passenger in the team.

McHattie on the other hand was excellent. A problem part of past Alloa teams has been our left-back position and Hartley sorted that out instantly by bringing him in. Stevie May played in the team that same season and its no surprise to anyone at Alloa that both May and McHattie are/were more than holding their own in the Premier League.

Edited by Sevennil

Hartley brought both Tapping and McHattie on loan to Alloa, albeit a couple of years ago now, and Tapping at that time was a little too lightweight and always seemed to need a little extra time on the ball to pick a pass and struggled to get to grips with the pace of some games. He did show flashes of creativity at times and struck me as a confidence type of player. If the game is going well for his team and he's had a few good touches, then he'll probably keep doing it for the full game. If not, then he did become a bit of a passenger in the team.

McHattie on the other hand was excellent. A problem part of past Alloa teams has been our left-back position and Hartley sorted that out instantly by bringing him in. Stevie May played in the team that same season and its no surprise to anyone at Alloa that both May and McHattie are/were more than holding their own in the Premier League.

Mchattie is one of the weaker links in our team tbf.

I don't think hes a bad player, i just think hes struggled lasting the full season with no one to challenge his spot at all. Or give him a bit of rest.

I dont think it's helped in that the wingers want to bomb forward, often leaving him a bit exposed. Walker was absolutely shocking for that. Hopefully we can get a full back in to provide him a bit of competition as i reckon it'll be good for him.

There's been games where hes just absolutely bossed the left side though, cracking talent hopefully he can be a big player for us in the future.

The James Keatings rumour seems to have a bit of legs about it, and not just some Banderson article either. Apparently Hamilton were only offering him something along the lines of a one year contract and is looking for a bit more security.

Can't argue with his scoring record considering he was played out wide and is supposedly better through the middle. Just by the fact that he can play out wide indicates to me that he must have a decent bit of mobility about him which is exactly what we are looking for in a striker.

Keatings will do a great job for anyone in the championship. Our style of play in the 2nd half of the season didn't suit him and if played through the centre along with a strike partner he can be deadly.

Not really sure where he would play TBH. Not sure I'd drop Carrick altogether and we will play a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1. Doesn't seem to take kindly to playing outwide either. With Nicholson, King, Smith and Walker I think Keatings would be looking at sitting on the bench. Unless he would suit CAM/in the hole.

Gordon

Paterson McGregor Wilson McHattie

Holt Gomis

Walker Keatings Nicholson

Carrick

Names in the team are just players we've spoken to, by the way.

Edited by Hearts Daft

Keatings will do a great job for anyone in the championship. Our style of play in the 2nd half of the season didn't suit him and if played through the centre along with a strike partner he can be deadly.

Yes, I'd be happy if Keatings joined. What sort of striker is he? How does he play?

I liked Tapping. He was unlucky to be playing in the team when we were getting humped every week. Could see a pass and I think would get better with better players alongside him. Didn't get a game when Hearts finally started to play.

Keatings is a penalty box player , good touch on him , lack of pace the problem but if you create for him he will get in to double figures no problem next season , good luck to him , done Accies a good turn but our system now does not suit him .

Not a single Raith fan ever expects us to be in the mix..? Finishing in the top four for us any season would be an exceptional season.

Despite, probably, a couple of early defeats to, probably, Raith Rovers and Falkirk, I think Hearts will finish first. I actually think that we're in for another exciting season with Hearts and Rangers to go into the final day level on points, but for McCoist's Rangers to lose out on goal difference.

One thing's for sure: both Hearts and Rangers will not drop any points to Hibs.

:rolleyes: