Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Gomis is a good signing and Levein knows him well from signing and working with him at Utd. Alexander's a top keeper and I don't imagine he'll be getting offered anything like the daft money he was on at Rangers.

Great keeper wasted at Rangers. Better than wee Jamie,any day of the week.

Perhaps a few years ago, signing a 36 year old goalkeeper seems a bit shortsighted to me.

It's possible that Archie will offer Buaben a new deal at Firhill. On the other hand, the Jambos may be able to offer him more money. Such is the bizarre financial state of Scottish football.

Neal Alexander would be a classic Craig Levein signing. There are surely better, and/or cheaper, options available.

I'd be surprised if we offered more money considering the downsizing we've done, though as you say Scottish football is an absolute mystery now. Given Partick's style of football and Premiership status it would be a strange choice to come to Hearts, wouldn't complain right enough!

I'd be surprised if we offered more money considering the downsizing we've done, though as you say Scottish football is an absolute mystery now. Given Partick's style of football and Premiership status it would be a strange choice to come to Hearts, wouldn't complain right enough!

You have bigger crowds, more sponsorship and more income from merchandise etc. The prize money in the Championship is much better now too.

It appears that Thistle will spending a considerable sum on upgrading the facilities in the excellent (or not currently) main stand. We'll probably budget for 11th place again. I'd be surprised if Archie's playing budget is significantly bigger next season.

So you probably can offer more than us. We have four keepers signed up for next season with another offer been given to Basalaj.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

You have bigger crowds, more sponsorship and more income from merchandise etc. The prize money in the Championship is much better now too.

It appears that Thistle will spending a considerable sum on upgrading the facilities in the excellent (or not currently) main stand. We'll probably budget for 11th place again. I'd be surprised if Archie's playing budget is significantly bigger next season.

So you probably can offer more than us. We have four keepers signed up for next season with another offer been given to Basalaj.

No fucking way should we budget for 11th. A play off against Hearts or Hibs? Finish lower than Accies or Dundee? No fkng way

Gomis and Buaben have been my favourite midfield partnership for United since the early 90s. Both good players, but together better than the sum of their parts somehow. Still only 28 and 26 too.

If you can add Skacel, a good striker and a leader at the back allied with your good youngsters I would fancy Hearts giving Rangers a real battle for top spot!

'Sky Sources' reporting that Stevenson will leave Hearts today by mutual consent.

I thought he'd already been bagged.

He's a bit of an arse, certainly, but I would take him at Saints now that McGowan is offski.

Edited by Drooper

I thought he'd already been bagged.

He's a bit of an arse, certainly, but I would take him at Saints now that McGowan is offski.

He's absolute pony. We get linked with him periodically and it still gives me the fear.

Aye, but St Johstone are a big team now.

We just have to make do with the dross that is left.

It's ok - you might reach the heights of the real Saints one day 8)

(sorry, I'm not wanting to open up this 'fake' Saints 'real' Saints nonsense. I just felt it worked in the context of this particular exchange.)

Would have left this until after GTF day, myself.

I've never seen the need for a Director of Football role at a club our size, but if we do have one, the Levein is the right guy, imo - very pragmatic in his previous dealings re budgets, etc, with Chris Robinson and Thomson.

Bit bemused by the appointment of Robbie as coach - can't really see what he's done to earn the role, but it's Levein's call, so fair enough.

Shame we had to let some decent players go, but if it's happened for financial reasons, then fine.

Our squad, as it stands at the moment is:

3 - McHattie

4 - Wilson

8 - Robinson

12 - Paterson

14 - Walker

15 - Holt

16 - McKay

17 - Smith

18 - Carrick

19 - King

21 - Hamilton (gk)

28 - Nicholson

29 - Oliver

30 - McGhee

? - Beith

Some of those guys could still leave, of course.

Looks like we won't be signing Skacel as a player after all.

Much work to be done.

Think we might make top six this season.