Heart of Midlothian 2014-

Aidan Keena the latest to have a pop at Stendel.

Apparently the 20yo got dragged out a team meeting and told he was free to leave, by Levein. Stendel never spoke to him about the decision at all.

These things need to be done when you're fighting relegation though.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Apparently the 20yo got dragged out a team meeting and told he was free to leave, by Levein. Stendel never spoke to him about the decision at all.

Don’t think he’s really had a pop, tbf. Should it not be the director of football doing these things anyway? Manager identifies who he wants in and out and the director of football is tasked to make it happen?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/aidan-keena-craig-levein-told-me-my-hearts-career-was-over-i-could-never-get-hold-daniel-stendel-1364490
Wish all the best to Keena. Didn’t think he got much of a chance with us, but that wasn’t just under Stendel.

42 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Don’t think he’s really had a pop, tbf. Should it not be the director of football doing these things anyway? Manager identifies who he wants in and out and the director of football is tasked to make it happen?

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/aidan-keena-craig-levein-told-me-my-hearts-career-was-over-i-could-never-get-hold-daniel-stendel-1364490
Wish all the best to Keena. Didn’t think he got much of a chance with us, but that wasn’t just under Stendel.

The issue seems to be the manager completely ignoring him rather than explaining it.

18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

You can't really judge him just now. See where Hearts are come the end of May.

Yeah, it's hard to say. January is a tough window so he's had to be brutal in the way he goes about his business, could be genius. However, I'd be a little concerned at the number of public complaints he's getting. There's usually at least something behind it.

Anyone suggesting they know how he's performing though is either stupid or at it.

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah, it's hard to say. January is a tough window so he's had to be brutal in the way he goes about his business, could be genius. However, I'd be a little concerned at the number of public complaints he's getting. There's usually at least something behind it.

Anyone suggesting they know how he's performing though is either stupid or at it.

It does seem similar to when Stubbs first took over with us. Stamping his authority all over the place with little or no plan. 

Time will tell.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Exactly, but still some deluded Hearts fans think Stendel is doing a good job.

No idea if he'll be seen as someone who's done a good job come May, but at the moment he's doing exactly what pretty much every Hearts' fan has been desperate to see for a year or more - dumping all the dead wood. The plan may not work long term, but there's plainly a plan there.

Anyone who thinks losing Berra, Whelan, Keena and Daly isn't a good move for Hearts really hasn''t seen us play recently. Tom English has it spot on when he says only those clowns can't see that they were a major part of the problem at Hearts and needed to be let go (and Keena's interview isn't really an attack at all - he mentions he didn't get any time with Stendel but also says what the others should also realise: sometimes a manager comes in and doesn't fancy you.  That's football.)

38 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Looking forward to the equivalent scenes in the BBC documentary tbqh. With less Brad and Jonah tbf.

57 minutes ago, Munoz said:

It does seem similar to when Stubbs first took over with us. Stamping his authority all over the place with little or no plan. 

Time will tell.

Mcghee did similar with us. I'd say that there is conclusive evidence that he's a terrible appointment and Hearts are going down. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Levein has been tasked with getting rid of the shitshow he created.He has a list of players who Stendel doesn't think will fit into the system he wants to play.

4 hours ago, JamboMikey said:

He was pish and would never have scored goals at this level. Should be thanking his lucky stars he got 1 appearance, never mind 17.

That might be true, I think the issue here isn't the decisions that have been made but how they've been done. Sounds like it's quite a toxic environment there just now. If players then are not motivated, this can have a massive impact. Player for player, even if Hearts don't sign anyone, their squad should easily avoid relegation, but Stendels apparent lack of willingness to communicate and relate to his players should be worrying.

Perhaps, for a template of how to be a good man manager, you should look across the city or towards Paisley.